Monday, September 29, 2008

Going Crazy

Headphones on
Out the door
Superstar
Where you going?

Steep slope
Finger snapping
Heart’s pumping
Body’s quivering

Black tar roads
Faded yellow lines
Guitar chords race
Beat-hammering bass

Through grey looming buildings
I swagger like a champion
Pump my hand in the air
Like no one else’s there

Spotty rough pavement
Endless tall staircase
Totally out of sync
Groovin’ at my own pace

Low ceiling
Claustrophobic corridors
People freak out
I get my freak on

Stuffy elevator
Struggle to stay still
Doors open
I burst forth

Wild smile
People stare
In the zone
It’s rare

Battling the stairs
I’ve lost it
Hooked on the melody
Hooked into space

Insistent pulsating rhythm
Single minded motivation
With sweat dripping over my face
With every step closer to the final destination

School.

01

No comments: