Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Snuffed

snuff02

The gang was out in full force to support Ros' on her second hall play as playwrite - Snuffed.

Everyone agreed that this one was better than the previous one. The way that the information was leaked throughout the play made it interesting and engaging. The start was a little slow but when the momentum built up, there wasn't a moment where they lost it and let it down. Some of the scenes were a tad transparent in their purpose but that was probably because I've had a tiny bit of experience in writing.

The acting was really strong too. Admirable efforts from everyone in the cast... it was really much better than I expected. I especially liked Aunty Cheong and Tony. Some might find Jolene's character somewhat stoned but I thought it was a very realistic portrayal. Overall I found all the characters very endearing and was rooting for all of them.

All I wanted was a really sick ending (because Ros wrote it). And Nessie and I came up with a sick ending that was what Ros' wanted initially! So I was a small bit disappointed. Another thing was that there was that the use of stage space (I forgot the term) was a tad uninspiring.

After that we went drinking and I was very high. You guys are just... awesome.

01

No comments: