Sunday, March 07, 2010

Paintball Virgin

Bruises. One on my right upper arm, two on my left shoulder, one on my side, two on my inner thigh and one on my butt.

All in the name of paintball. I was apprehensive because I didn't want to end up being a target board. However I was equally excited at the prospect of shooting. Something. Anything. Guys and their toys.

So I had the opportunity to havoc with my colleagues at Bottle Tree Park. I'm not good at shooting. I'm good at hiding. But hiding isn't much use especially when it wasn't a spy mission! I have crazy, trigger-happy colleagues who are pretty good with guns. If they weren't it'd be kinda difficult to feel safe at night but... I'm beating around the bush.

I was the only one in army No.4, which made me an awesome, outstanding target. During the last round I was like, "Fuck it, I'm going to go out there and snatch that flag!" And that was when I got all those bruises. Thankfully on my second try I managed to touch the flag. It would've been pathetic if I didn't.

It was really intense. When you're in the game, panting behind the mask, two metres feel like the other end of the world. With the paintballs bursting around me, it actually required me to abandon common sense to come out of my hiding place and fire back. All that split-second decision making, running, shooting... it was just crazy, awesome, stupid fun.

Yes, it was hell fun and I want to do it again some time.

Preferably with friends who do not have such good aim.

01

No comments: