Sunday, March 21, 2010

AltLife S01E11 - The Oscar Goes To

I was dragging my feet, tired from waking up early for a swim. I finally reached the house, rang the bell and was greeted by a guy shady-looking guy in a cap.

"Hey Bobby."

"Morning," he said, with his eyes still not completely open.

"What's with the cap? You look kuku!"

"My hair looks even more kuku."

Shaking my head, I walked up the stairs, panting from the heat with every step. He raced past me with energy that was unusual for a sleepy person. When I entered the room, he was already seated with the air-con on. He had a ridiculously smug look on his face, as if he'd won a race up the stairs.

Opening his bottle, he took a swig of water as if it was beer. It was then that everything seemed to happen in slow motion. The cap slipped from his hand and onto his thigh. He looked really desperate to pick it up but in that desperation, the bottle cap slipped from his thigh and onto the floor. In his attempt to stop it from reaching the floor, he bent over to catch it. The lucky guy managed to catch the bottle cap but in the process, his other hand holding the bottle tilted at such a ridiculous angle that all the water spilled on the floor.

It was the funniest thing I ever seen. I wanted to laugh but controlled myself, thinking that it would probably have been rather mean. Instead I faced the door and pounded it with my fist, closed my eyes and shook my head at his silliness.

"You know, if the Oscars had awards for best comedy actor, I would totally nominate you."

Snapping out from his shock, Bobby ran out of the room and returned with a cloth to wipe up the mess.

Staring at him in amusement, I had no doubt that he was awake and ready for work.

01

No comments: