Saturday, December 09, 2006

JKYH Top 20 (75)



01. Fergalicious - Fergie (+2) 7 *

02. Irreplaceable - Beyonce (2) 7 **
03. Keep Your Hands Off My Girl - Good Charlotte (-2) 6 *
04. Smack That - Akon ft Eminem (+2) 6
05. Say It Right - Nelly Furtado (+5) 2
06. Lovelight - Robbie Williams (-1) 4
07. Wind It Up - Gwen Stefani (+4) 2
08. Don't Need A Man/Wait A Minute - Pussycat Dolls (+1) 4
09. I Think We're Alone Now - Girls Aloud (+3) 2
10. Lonely - Shannon Noll (-6) 8
11. Promise - Ciara (+2) 5
12. I Wanna Fuck You - Akon ft Snoop Dogg (+3) 2
13. Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne (+3) 2
14. It Ends Tonight - All American Rejects (2) 3
15. Headlock - Imogen Heap (-7) 6
16. Tell Me - P Diddy ft Christina Aguilera (+4) 2
17. Rock Steady - All Saints (-10) 10
18. You Give Me Something/Wonderful World - James Morrisson (+1) 2
19. This Is Not Real Love - George Michael (NEW)
20. Biao Bai - Elva Hsiao (NEW)

At #1 this week is probably another surprise. Reigning the chart is Fergie with Fergalicious. Although she did a fugged up performance of it (probably because she wasn't feeling too well, because usually it's way better) on the this week, it still fuelled my addiction for the song. Apparently, the performance is doing wonders for the single as well as it makes a leap from #10 to #4 on Billboard Hot 100 after previously peaking at #3. If you want to see what she's really capable of, you might wanna check out this performance. It's crazy how we all agree that the song isn't a proper song, lacks class, but secretly do a little dance to it in our on private time when the song is on! She's huge now - I bet anything she releases from The Dutchess will go Top 5 easily. She's got attitude and style but she needs to work on being desirable. I think that's her tripping stone.



Holding strong at #2 is Beyonce who is really blowing competition out of the water with Irreplaceable. This week she trumps the Billboard chart with the track. And there's another performance from her which you can view here. A song like this is really amazing for the Christmas spirit too. It sounds festive enough. Good choice Bee! Maybe you'll be able to get 5 singles from B-Day!



And there's no one else who currently has more singles from their album charting around the world. Loose has churned out Promiscuous (winner of Billboard Pop Single of the Year), Maneater and now Say It Right. The woman also has All Good Things (Come To An End), which moves from #13 to #4 on the UK Singles Chart, just as she announces her UK tour dates. She's certainly come a long, long way since I'm Like A Bird (which I detest). Cheers to the one of the biggest female artistes who helped shaped the face of Pop this year. (I'm sorry you're not one of them Christina.)



Anxious to show off what she's got before the year comes to a close is Gwen Stefani. I can safely say that Wind It Up (at #7 this week) is a song you'll either love or hate. There's no in between. I'm sure you can make a stand with regards to all the yodelling. She describes it as "a modern, trippy version of The Sound of Music". Her album, The Sweet Escape will be released next Tuesday. She continues to amaze with her unique fashion sense and stylistic performances. However, I really think she should go back to No Doubt once she finishes this project. Yeah, I'm tired of solo Gwen already!



And yes, I miss the voice that brought us I'm With You. 22-year-old (she's only 2 years older than me!) Avril Lavigne is back with the leading track from Eragon, Keep Holding On (#14). I love how she hits the unexpected high notes in the middle of the melody. It's so her. There's nothing you can SAY, there's nothing you can DO... Damn you've got to hear the song if you haven't! She's rumoured to be releasing new stuff next year, which I am really looking forward to. I want Nobody's Home Part II! I've got a love/hate relationship with her. She's private, music-making, tough, punk-rocker, girly, jewellery-wearing... Yeah, I don't really know her as a person, and that really sucks, but her music is top-notch. So I guess she's succeeded really well as a musician.

As for the new one from Elva, which makes its debut on the day that I've heard it at #20, you can catch the video here. Thanks to Ryan for the link. Fab song really. It just confirms the fact that I have a fetish for bimbotic songs. I have no idea why. I'm going to sing it the next time I have a chance to go to KBox. Watch out!

Alright, new ones include - Jojo - How To Touch A Girl and it's OFFICIAL! KILL ME. Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around (Comes Around).



I just saw it on Billboard.com and I'm so incredibly excited! Ooh, and I've something to share - Victoria's Secret Fashion Show with Justin performing Sexyback and My Love/Lovestoned. Okay, I didn't just watch the performance. I watched the entire thing... HOT. The girls were really gorgeous. Now I know why girls give themselves a hard time when they see supermodels like these. They're goddesses!

The music world surprises me everyday.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: