Wednesday, May 28, 2008

King Kong Jane @ Timbre



King Kong Jane kicked off their first gig for the Singapore Arts Festival at Timbre yesterday. I hadn't been to Timbre before and neither has Liqi. The both of us went a huge round before finding the place. Thank goodness for the google map though, and boo to the Singapore Land Authority for taking down the shizzle that's on streetdirectory.com.sg.



When we got in, they were already finished with their first song! It was a surprise to me because I haven't been to a single gig that started on time. If I'd knew I'd reach ten minutes earlier in stead of later.

I don't know how it's possible but they sound better every time! The songs that stood out for me this time round were Go Away, Lemonade (I managed to ooooh along at the last part of the song!) and, if you only have 5 minutes and I can only interest you in one song, If It Wasn't For You. It has officially dethroned Lollipop as my favourite KKJ song!



Liqi got this Pico-thing while I got Long Island Tea. I have a low tolerance for alcohol and like I always say, it's great because it saves money if I ever were to have an addiction problem. I got really high after my drink and combined with the great music, I don't remember being so... woah! in such a long time. Good drinks, food (ordered Louisiana fries after that), great company, amazing music. Stellar combination for an amazing time.

I love the covers as much as the originals so it was a real treat to hear Umbrella again as the encore song... I loved the fact that I was one of the few people who knew their version! Also I heard a rumour that they'd be doing Bleeding Love! If it's true, I can't wait to hear it.



We had a chat with Colin and Weetz after the performance and also saw Yeo Yann Yann of 881 fame.

If you're looking for a good time and solid music's your thing then there's no better way than to go to a King Kong Jane gig - start stalking them here.

01

No comments: