Friday, May 02, 2008

Walking Away

I write because it helps me make sense of my existence. And the things around me.

I've been reading lots of blogs recently. It has really opened my eyes. I didn't know how closed they were all this while. I got to see people's works. Writing. Photography. Videos. Their lives. Their creativity. Their strength. Their will. Their might.

I feel small.

Sometimes it's important to ask ourselves why we do the things we do. The exercise I did in Playwriting class has really given me more than I expected. Looking for the reasons for why we do what we do can be a startling experience.

I ask myself why I spend so much time pouring through people's lives. I have no idea. I want to know how others live their lives. I want to know if other people think the way I do. I want to be awestruck. I want to learn. I guess I've never really understood the impact of blogs till now.

But I think I need to take a short break from writing. It's become hard to do continue, and then comparing myself with others. It's a great learning experience but the pressure to do it well is immense.

This holiday will be an opportunity for that break. To see the world as it is, for myself. Through my own eyes.

01

No comments: