Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Phuket IV

On the last day of the trip, only Jie Yu and I were left.



We went for a fishing trip, although I can't remember the cost of it now! We set out early in the morning and the weather looked fine. Apart from the two of us, a dad and son duo, and two other guys joined us on the trip.



On the table, 4 fishing rods were laid out. It turns out that the other two were only coming along for the ride. Dark clouds crept up from behind us and literally split the sky into two halves. Jie Yu and I climbed up onto the upper deck for an unparalleled view of the sea.



We got further and further from the main island of Phuket and headed to one of the smaller islands around it. On the way there, it started to drizzle a little. The rain didn't seem at all threatening. The skies however, looked as though they were ready to release their torrent of rain on us for a week! We slowed down and came to a stop as they discussed if they wanted to continue the fishing trip. Apparently the dad and son duo were skippers as well and in their professional opinion, we should turn back.

We stayed close to the small island while the skippers prepared fruits - watermelon and pineapple - for us. They also cooked lunch, which was rice and chicken. I enjoyed eating out at sea and it facing the scary-looking, impending storm reminded me of Captain Haddock! We fed the fish from our craft and the hungry school lapped up every bit of it! Another craft hooked a line to us as it started to rain.



It got heavier and heavier and it really dampened the mood. I was looking forward to fishing as I had never tried it before. Fishing out in the ocean would've been a really cool experience. Instead all we could do was wait for the rain to subside. We headed back to the Phuket when we had the chance. It was a terribly long and almost unbearable journey as the waves battered the craft and the rain threatened to drench what little dry area we had. It was an adventure alright, but I wish I had a happier story to tell. I fell asleep listening to Jie Yu's mp3 player. When I woke up the Australian guy joked that we were in the middle of China or something!

It was a let down and the both of us went back to where we bought the fishing trip to demand a refund. We got back 500B of our 1200B if I'm not wrong.

That night was definitely the best night ever. The two of us met up with Shuming and LC. We went back to our favourite slutty street and took a walk down one of the smaller lanes that branched out of it and found ourselves a restaurant. It served decent seafood at cheap prices, in fact I think it was the cheapest dinner we've had, especially in relation to the quality it served!

After we finished it was still rather early and we made our way down to one of the pubs to drink. I'm a crap drinker and compared to the three of them, I was pathetic! We ordered a drink and I got a sweet mild alcoholic drink. After a round of drinks we went to take a look at the potential clubbing spots but they weren't open, not at least for the next hour.

We decided to chill out at McDonalds. The craziest conversation occurred there when we started talking about my role as GL in the upcoming orientations. Jie Yu and Shuming were the ultimate professionals at this kind of stuff. They're... woah. They then gave me some impormptu lessons about interaction and we recorded them down! We even took turns to be freshies and work our "charms" on each other.

It was hilarious but I really learned something from all that!

The first club we hit was...



And it really lived up to its name lar, it was fucking static. They promised us a fashion show. We stared at each other for at least 30 minutes. The music was erratic... sometimes fabulous and I almost wanted to get nasty on the empty dancefloor. At other times it was terrible. Anyway, about 10 ladies did a short and simple catwalk up on stage and they weren't wearing very fashionable stuff - torn T-Shirts, pants... Okay, so there was one that looked like Fiona Xie and maybe one or two more that were passable. I'm not going to critic their looks but they weren't the most exciting bunch. The only nice thing was that we got free T-Shirts.

Er. Ok.

We then stepped into another club that was really sleazy. There was no cover charge, and the music sucked. It basically looked like a hook up place for the angmohs and local young, frisky women.

The last club we hit was called Tiger. I liked the place and we got two free drinks with our entry. I was feeling kind of bleargh after all the alcohol and I ordered Coke, only to get it topped up with beer courtesy of my greatest friends.

Shuming and LC left earlier while Jie Yu and I danced till the AMs... After that we were tired and starved like hell and thus made our way to Subway.

And the next morning, it was back to Singapore and I finally got the freaking window seat and it was bright enough to catch the fantastic view outside!



If you haven't seen the photos of the Phuket trip, you can check out all of them here!

01

No comments: