Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Madonna - Give It 2 Me



It's been a long time since I've talked about music. I used to put aside a space every week, whether it's a chart or recommending 5 songs but I never seem to be able to keep to it. However I'm now inspired and will keep at talking about something which is huge in my life - music.

And what better way to kick it off than introducing everyone to the second single of Madonna's latest album Hard Candy. Give It 2 Me is insistent as its predecessor is triumphant. Holding the track together is the tireless beeping at the background which seems to have a life of its own! Producer Pharrell has really worked his magic on this track. Although it's nowhere near the lines of the sweat-drenched funk that is Slave 4 U, he tickles with the beats and remains entertainingly present in the background (to the left left right right, right?).

There's nothing very challenging about singing the melody, although I'm sure the actual challenge is in putting on a Performance. "There's one thing you can't download and that's a live performance. And I know how to put on a show," proclaimed Queen Madge in a recent interview with Vanity Fair.

It's the most inspirational track on the album, with the lyrics trumpeting self-belief and well, Maddy's endurance in dance and sex. We know that you can go on and on and on girl, being 50 isn't stopping you, I get it! Geez. I prefer to concentrate on:

What are you waiting for
Nobody's gonna show you how
Why wait for someone else
To do what you can do right now


See Madonna give it live in Paris here, or listen to Paul Oakenfold remix the track on Imeem.

01

1 comment:

weetzdom tooth said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qGMbPz_bZ6Q&feature=related

Clearer sound and picture here leh,... :)