Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Inspiration

Inspiration, I think, is the closest thing to magic. It is often hidden, discovered after a bit of hard work. I find it in works of art, in music, in pictures, in literature, in film. Sometimes they come from people, from pop stars to politicians. Having inspiration creates the drive to go on, to be better, to design my life and to live it bravely.

I think I'm lucky, now more than ever, to live in a time where I search for my influences. I connect with them, I live by them, I live through them and I live with them. Often I seek positivity. I seek truth. I seek knowledge. I seek love. Most of all I seek understanding of the world around me and I've got this crazy urge to find my place by knowing how I am related to everything around me.

It is inspiration that drives us to become better people. We live and thrive by the ideas, thoughts and humour of those around us and the voices that we choose to listen to. I feel boundaries being broken when I watch films of people no longer alive but how their life's work and meaning has exceeded their time on earth. My perspectives are changed when I realise how far mankind has progressed and where we are now is the cumulative work of people.

History and great people with tragic stories made me realise that I can make a difference, that my life need not be some monotonous existence.

It is one thing to have role models. It is another to take action.

Some day I will be as great as you.

01

No comments: