Saturday, June 18, 2005

Mr and Mrs Smith

Had the chance to go out yesterday with a BMT platoon mate I hadn't seen in a long time - Sidney! It was truly kind of weird going out for the first time since we weren't especially close during BMT and the few things we shared in common was a bit of Britney fanatism and re-IPPT.

I had a halfday yesterday so I met him at 1415 at Woodlands MRT station and he came up from behind me. We went to buy tickets to Mr and Mrs Smith before going to the foodcourt to eat. We chatted quite a lot and yep, suddenly it feels like the most natural thing in the world! Haha! He had his honeydew sagoo and I had my fish porridge because I was still sick. Had 2 days of Att C this week, which was how I managed to update about Britters and her new song. Anyway. After we finished eating and all it was pretty much time to catch the movie.

Mr and Mrs Smith. Oh yeah. Bring it on.



I think it is in fact a very cool movie. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have amazing chemistry. Although the storyline isn't strong enough as it dissolves to mere action in the end, the characters created were real enough to pull through. Acting as a sexy couple isn't challenging for two of Hollywood's sexiest people, but throw in a bit of comedy and they get more interesting. Of course, this movie wouldn't be anything without the action. They look good in suits and then with a snap of your fingers, hell they look good with blood all over them too.

At the grand finale, both of them pose with guns as if in dance, shooting their enemies down while classical music is playing. Violence? Check. Elegance? Check. Killing while looking cool? Check.

I'd give this movie 3.5/5. It isn't something to worry about if you missed it, if you caught it then good for you. It's been touted as the #1 movie in Singapore and the USA but I say: Save your money for Initial D!

Moving on, we mad a made dash for the toilet (okay at least I did) before trying to shop the whole of Causeway Point. I must admit that the shopping center does bore me, but Sidney brought me to places that I didn't usually go to and I had a hell lot of fun looking at hi-fis and handphones. It was as if I had personal salesman to tell me about 3G phones and their functions too! Sidney's an interesting person to go out with. We went to Popular, to Music Junction and also to Cold Storage. Everywhere! Along the way we had a rather meaningful conversation too and got to know each other better. Hmm, when it was finally time to go I was quite shocked at how near we lived to each other. Maybe next time can come out for supper! Haha! Rock on dude!

No comments: