Saturday, June 04, 2005

Madagascar



It is essentially a movie for the kids. It is a one full of cliche themes, but the animation and witty subplots serve as a drive to make this movie a notch above the rest. However, beneath the surface of the plot designed to entertain the kids, part of the movie touched me deep inside.

The lion was starving. He was so hungry that he was about to eat his zebra friend. Therein lies the conflict: Whether or not to harm your friend to keep yourself alive.

I suppose this question is relevant to everyone's lives, at work or at school. Of course, being the feel-good movie that it is, the lion saved the day in the end, abstained from zebra-meat and was served sushi. Someone once told me that humans are selfish, but I've always disagreed. I've always believed that it's better to give than to take and sometimes to the extent that I value others' happiness above mine. I won't say that I'm selfless, but I'm definitely not selfish. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that not every relationship can withstand the challenges brought forth in life and you value some people more than others.

When faced with the dilemma of hurting your friend to gain the upper hand in life, will you choose to do it? Posted by Hello

No comments: