Sunday, December 04, 2005

Before Brunei

I'm going to Brunei tomorrow, 5th of Dec and will be coming back on the 16th.

It's crazy. I'll be booking in tonight, and waking up at 4 something tomorrow to take, no, not a commercial flight but C130 to Brunei. It's insane. The reality of going hasn't really hit me yet. I don't know why. I'm still taking it like another day in army. But it isn't! Gosh. But now I'm kind of hyped up over it, because it'd be an adventure, and a scary one at that. A foreign country. A different place. People even behave differently when they're in strange places. So there's going to be a lot to deal with, and I think I've got to get myself mentally prepared.

Psychs-self: I'll be able to do whatever gets thrown at me.

Insects, a couple of King Cobras or bad toilets won't get to me, not only because I've experienced a tad of those before, but I'm quite prepared to give up on any notion of comfort on this trip. Hmmm, as long as the morale of the group is high and everything, I believe that there's nothing we can't do. That I guess would be one of the more difficult moments of the trip. Things like displays would be relatively easier.

Then of course, I'm worried about missing home. And everyone back here. And my music. Tuh, and I was just discovering the greatness of the new Girls Aloud, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears album. BOO. True enough, 11 days isn't a lot. Both my previous trips lasted longer than this but this being a more military outing, means restrictions and a lot of discipline.

But I'm sure that there'd be many things for me to experience for the first time, which was the main reason why I volunteered for it in the first place. To take on some kind of challenge and to do something different. Although I'm sure I'll be whining along with the others along the way, I'll try to do my best on the trip. To contribute and not slack.

So don't wish upon a star
Cos a star can only
Get you so far

And
It doesn't matter who you are
Cos the sky looks better from the ground
Anyway

Never know what you've got
And even if you do it don't mean
It's gonna stay

Tomorrow is another day
You only live once
And I'm living for today

- Lindsay Lohan, Fastlane

The sun looks fantastic today (as compared to yesterday) and I would've gone with Sidney for a tan or something. Haha, but I'll be meeting Ash and Sequeena later at Sun Plaza, before coming home and continuing my packing. I'll be leaving my house at about 7PM I guess. We've got to be in camp so early. Sigh. And I've to carry along 21 tentpins with me.

*disgusted*

I think this blog acts as my 'voice', for me to shout out to the universe. And the sad thing is that this voice will be silent for the next 11 days or so, left to collect dust. *sobz* Thanks for reading.

So a few last words (sounds like I'm going to die like that, but anything can happen in Brunei!) before I leave. To my platoonmates, you guys can finally clear all your off when we're not around because there doesn't seem to be anything important on while we're away! Count yourselves lucky!

To the rest of the people I know, take care guys. I'll be back to celebrate Christmas with all of you...

KeeP uR CoOl!

PS: I've just remembered something. I'VE GOT GUARD DUTY ON CHRISTMAS DAY! ARGH!

*REPULSED*

No comments: