Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bring The Beat Back

I've been bothered by morbid thoughts lately so I decided to go watch the sunrise. It's a miracle that happens everyday; something that we take for granted. I usually catch a glimpse of the amazing sight everyday on the way to work so I decided to check it out. I guess the sight was pretty worth sacrificing my sleep for!

01

I call it the huge-body-of-water-that-you-see-from-the-train-when-travelling-from-Khatib-to-YCK without actually realising that it's actually Lower Seletar Reservoir! It was quite a walk from Khatib MRT station, and more humid than expected.

01

The view was picturesque.

01

And the highlight of the entire trip is probably the jetty. I think it's really rare in Singapore to find a place where it's surrounded by lots of greenery and water and yet still relatively accessible. Okay, so it's not so appropriate but we went crazy camwhoring amidst the tranquil surroundings.

01

There was this bunch of Ah Bengs fishing all over the place and they managed to catch quite a few big fish! The way they dealt with the fish after that was a little cruel, but Man has always been like this since the beginning of time. Anyway, it was exciting to witness the fish being reeled in, hauled up, and then tossed onto the jetty.

01

I don't know how to explain this series of pictures. Don't ask. I just want to mention that that looks like a pretty weary smile on Pic #4. I think all the work has gotten to me more than I'd like to admit. I've realised I'm quite the workaholic. I like the fact that I'm driven and all, but I guess I just don't know my limits.

01

Ooh, I like this photo. I set the focus to infinite but it doesn't look good enough. But the idea is there.

01

For the life of me, I can't remember what these plants are called. It's been too long since I've played SimParks (one of my favourite games of all time), which was educational and entertaining at the same time. Animals, plants... the diversity of wildlife in the game was amazing. I should probably move off to some nature park to work in the future!

01

And everyone who knows Ryan knows of his obsession with Ni Guang and so I played around with the camera and got it to over-expose(?) the photo for this effect. Not bad right? Haha... Gosh I'm retarded. It was a welcomed break from all the mall-crawling and movie-watching. I love the outdoors and nature in general so it was a big treat for me.

01

We spotted a lizard and this huge army of ants crossing one of the paths. There were these tiny ants warring and outnumbering these bigger ants. They were obviously not friends. For every huge ant, there were 5 tiny ones stuck on their backs, trying to bring it down.

Mother Nature has its gruesome sights too.

After that we walked back to Khatib MRT and had breakfast at one of the many coffeeshops opposite. The food was really good. I think I'm addicted to Ba Chor Mee. Yummilicious! Haha... I headed back to Woodlands just in time to meet Wee Lee to get ourselves across the Causeway for a haircut and lunch. Such a pity that my usual hairstylist wasn't there. But Wee Lee commented that there was no difference in the hairstyle I got! So much for being original.

I'm going to hear a lot of comments about how short my hair is, again. But that's the way I like it!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: