Saturday, June 16, 2007

Read My Mind

Last night I was still reeling from the fantastic conversation I had with Guo Fei while he drove me home. I don't know what triggered the verbal vomit from me, because I usually need a good dose of alcohol to become this chatty, but I guess a good combination of long-time friendship and the right topics just got me into a chatty mood. I've been thinking about a lot of things lately and it felt really good to share it with someone who understands.

It was quite an armified outing yesterday as Samuel, Guo Fei and I met up for dinner at the Asian Kitchen at Vivocity. It's a rare occassion that I actually paid for the meal, because I owe Samuel one for introducing me the job that I'm doing and GF just because he's there. =P The real reason just won't look right in words so I won't bother. Guo Fei was late and so Samuel let me read one of his essays which I must admit was pretty impressive, but not unexpected of him. He got an A- for it (which he says he's going to find the lecturer/tutor to find out what he lacked because it sounds weird to be the-student-who-got-A-MINUS for English!). I felt the essay really showcased a different side of him that I was pretty impressed by. But because he's usually such a joker, I couldn't help but burst out laughing while reading it. It was impressive though, so a big thumbs up for him. Seems that he's doing really well at SIM.

Anyway, the food there was really good and we had a good time swapping stories about our lives, which are turning out to be really, really interesting. Haha! We then settled for coffee at Pacific Coffee, talked some more and happened to see our ex-OC, Mr Tong YC. He shook hands with us and we discuessed running, his job, and marathons before he went off to meet his friends! We also made arrangements for next Saturday's Sentosa outing by SMS-ing a few people, called up Kenneth to scold him for being MIA and surprise Max with GF's "unknown number"! We then headed to this restaurant where Jian Hui (my BMT-platoonmate-turned-39-sce-company-mate) was working at and coincidentally, Tong was there having his meal!

It was a surprisingly short trip from Harbourfront to Samuel's place, while the same could not be said for the trip to Woodlands! Along the way we covered topics like friendship, the feeling of entering Uni in a month, a motivational film he watched (and I brought up Britney, but I can't be arsed to explain why) and of course, driving. After the entire conversation I felt enlightened, inspired and challenged. (See Samuel, it's a technique to use '3'. I know because I always do. How's this compared to your 'distraught, devastated and utterly depressed'? =P )
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: