Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Holy Crap

Holy Crap was probably one of the most exciting things to happen in camp, alongside Finding Nemo. I guess for both of them to have the impact that they had, tremendous amount of effort went into preparing for them. I was involved in Holy Crap and one random Monday of June, the few of us got together to film the video for it.

I heard about the reaction that went on in the LT the moment the video was shown. There was a collective gasp so loud that I could hear from the fourth floor. I appreciate every single freshie who was game enough to understand that it was one of the highlights of our camp.

I know some of the things that really went down well with the audience was the fact that it was so cheesy. I can probably guess which are the moments that lingered in your minds and made your hair stand. I've only watched it twice. It was done so well that I can't really bear to watch myself in it again! I love to see the reactions on people's faces though, that's always fantastic. I'm still beating myself up over the fact that I wasn't there to see everyone's reaction at our only big public screening, but... well... as long as you guys enjoyed it, anything goes!



The cast and crew from clockwise, Jacq - my very fierce, very on BFF cum fellow OGL, Adeline - always so crazy to see her in action and she makes me laugh till I cry almost all the time, Jinyong - the fantastic director and friend that I'm honoured to be working with, Ruiqi - the one who probably was the greatest casualty and put in the most effort in the entire thing, fantastically brave and awesome, and whom I'm proud to have worked with.



There I was wiping away all the red stuff from my mouth which stained my teeth, my singlet and the floor as well. Luckily I think the ants liked it enough to finish it off. And that was the book-scene that we did the most takes for. Phew! And we also had some people who were taking From Hollywood to Bollywood who were having lecture and came out for a good stare during their break! Damn pai seh!



One of the most hilarious scenes in the video where we were at ADM doing the silly chase with each other. I was in agony laying down on that horribly prickly grass. It was fucking painful and even more fucking difficult to look lovey dovey.



But we did it anyway! There's so much more that we filmed but yeah... you know. It's top secret still! Be glad that you're one of the few who managed to catch the finished product! =)



Anyway, just lifted this from what I wrote on Facebook:

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for making FOC so memorable for me. It's crazy how you guys were so nice... you guys made me feel like I had a second go at knowing ppl in CS all over again. Throwing me into the deep end with such a role to play in FOC 2008...It was fantastic working with all of you - an opportunity I wouldn't have given up for the world.

Till this moment, that moment has definitely been my most memorable one in school. Thanks for going through all that crap with me... and cheers to us for making it happen.

You guys rock.

<3


01

No comments: