Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Trust In The Name

I got cheated of 300 dollars.

A tutor agency apparently requires tuition coordinators so I thought I'd sign up. Then I found out that I had to pay $259 for a 3-month access to their data base of tutors and source for tuition kids myself. So I spent $39 putting my name in the newspaper, trying it out. I wasn't even successful, especially since there were other agencies putting ads in the papers. The database was easy to use but didn't even have enough active tutors to match. Now I want out and there is a $55 termination fee.

I wasn't in to make a quick buck exactly. I was willing to put in the hard work. But I was really tempted by extra cash. I didn't let MLM get to me. But this thing did.

I know I paid the price to learn something. I should invest in my interest and my skills. And let people pay me to work for them instead of having to get my hand burnt.

Now I know better.

01

No comments: