Saturday, September 26, 2009

Plan-a-holic

"I don't feel that my life's out of control. In fact it's too in control. There's no excitement," said a certain popstar as she broke down in front of the cameras. Her name rhymes with Whitney if you really want to know.

That's what I can say about my life for the next 7 days. It's supposed to be recess week but it's packed with outings (very good), tuition ($=good), project meetings (not good) and errands (fuck). Ask me what I would be doing at any time during the week and I can give you the answer. I live and work by a schedule. My time's dictated. I should feel empowered because I'm in control and there's no uncertainty.

But it's that lack of uncertainty that makes it boring. I can understand how, when people start to work, they always feel the need to be in control and in the know. Then they settle for that life where it becomes monotonous and predictable. I'm so close to living that life now and I don't want it.

But like what they say in Grey's, no one knows how to live their lives. We just have to figure it out.

01

No comments: