Thursday, September 17, 2009

Old Love

I met up with Jie Yu and Shuming this week. Both of whom I've known for half a decade. Not very long considering that people have friends who go all the way back, like since Primary School. But I don't.

It's interesting talking to people who've known you for such a long time. You've already given up any pretence of being someone whom you're not. Not only have these people shaped who you are, they are people that you've shared a good part of your life with.

When I met Jie Yu for supper he was telling me about stuff that I already kinew but was scared to do. I guess I need that motivation and that push to make myself somebody. I have a lot to learn from him, being driven and rejecting mediocrity.

Shuming and I had dinner at Bugis. She's leaving to do her masters in the UK this Saturday. We talked about everything and she shared her experiences studying in Amsterdam, how it was being a student in "Southeast Asia Studies" class in a Western country. We talked about how religion and the different directions it pushed the both of us. We also reaffirmed our friendship - that we would be there for us no matter how we changed. I think it's because there's something common that holds us together... something special.

Tonight I'm having dinner with my secondary school friends.

Cheers to old love.

01

No comments: