Friday, June 13, 2008

In The End

Tomorrow marks the last day of my reservist for this cycle. I used to look forward to ORD, now I look forward to ROD. It sort of breaks the momentum that I have in my life currently and that irritates the hell out of me.

There's also been a rollercoaster of emotions and states. I feel physically fitter after only a week, which just goes to show that no matter how often I exercise, it's never as intense as what it was when I was in NS. I think I've got the exercising bug again. Also, there's no other place that I feel less in control of the situation and I don't get to choose my level of involvement either. I feel proud to have done the mask run - always something for me to talk about that's slightly different from the normal kind of training.

The best thing is meeting up with friends that I haven't met up with for the longest time. Okay, so I've also had to come face to face with this fucker that I can't stand but then again you can't have all the good with none of the bad.

Tuesday after book out I had my first winning mahjong game with Guo Fei, Samuel and Ivan. Playing with them made my ICT much better. Winning was a bonus. That being said, my luck was ridiculously good. Everyone played even fiercer than usual, guarding against each other and throwing out really disgusting-looking cards. I just happened to draw tiles that sealed my win. I think we're down for another round tomorrow... hopefully I'll get lucky again.

Chris helped me wax my hair today just for fun. It looked bloody good. I couldn't bear to take a shower of it without taking a photo. I think I need to get a few tips from our resident hairstylist!

Ahhh... I could go on and on. All strenuous physical activities are cancelled which is why tomorrow will be less scary then expected. It's the last day and I can't wait.

I realise though, that I've got to stop letting things get in the way of living my life be it army or exams. Sometimes, I've got to look further.

01

No comments: