Sunday, June 01, 2008

Mahjong

I played Mahjong with Guo Fei, Samuel and Ivan at 12 midnight till the wee hours of Saturday morning. It was late to start but because of conflicting schedules, it was the only compromise we could come to meant a sacrifice of our own sleeping time! They kept making hilarious comments. We've got our silly secret codes for things that happen, like exposing a tile, throwing the xi-feng etc. For me it's not about the gambling. It's just the way we spend quality time with each other. It's a reason for us to meet up, come together, engage in conversation and have fun. It was great.

Samuel and I went to the coffeeshop at my house at about 5AM after two rounds of mahjong. The other two went home to sleep as they had really crazy activities for the rest of the day. We wanted to go to Mcdonalds but there wasn't any 24-hour outlet around, which I think is outrageous because Woodlands is such a big community! I had great fun talking to him. It reminded me of the time we had do guard duty together. We found that we had so much in common and it kept us awake and going strong despite having to prowl in the twilight hours. We had a fruitful conversation about school and I learned about putting in effort into classes that I attend. It was motivational.

Liqi and I went to Daniel's place this evening for a round of mahjong. The four of us (plus Yiping) have been close khakis since our exams last semester. I'm actually very upset that the both of them haven't got a place in hall next semester as of yet. Hopefully they would be offered a place once the semester starts and the second intake starts. It'll be fantastic interacting with a whole new bunch of freshies but I will be super super disappointed if Yiping and Daniel aren't going to be in hall any more.

Ooh, and I made and won a half-colour without expecting to at all. The cards I had were really nonsense. I had cards from 3 suites and things like 2,5,8; 1,9, 1,8 etc. Somehow or the other I managed to get cards and eat those that I didn't have and everything fell into place.

It also taught me that you've got to take what life throws at you and sometimes everything will just turn out for the best.

01

No comments: