Sunday, July 10, 2005

Fantastic 4

Went out with Zhenhui, first 3 months AJ classmate. We met quite early in the morning, at about 1010AM. Okay, I was late for 10 minutes, but we still managed to get the tickets to the 1030AM movie and I grabbed a Pepsi and hotdog bun before heading into the cinema to catch...

Fantastic 4!



You can tell from the title already. Right. I would like to first announce that I absolutely LOVED the movie. I've read reviews on it, and it seems that the critics aren't impressed and the people around me who have watched it weren't impressed either. However, it was kind of like a dream come true for Fantastic 4 to be turned into a movie that is truly entertaining, with just the right dose of action, emotion and humour. It's a great movie, really.



Of course, in terms of eye candy there was Jessica Alba and Chris Evans, both who did a great job in sustaining the pace of the movie as well as bring across the finer points of their characters. Chris did a good portrayal of the Human Torch. Cocky, childish and full of fun, this guy gets into the most exciting and spontaneous of situations, from snow boarding to stunts while riding a bike. As for Jessica Alba, she did a fantastic job of acting as the girlfriend torn between Doom and Mr Fantastic, as well as the naggy older sibling to Johnny Storm. Did I mention that she looked amazing in her underwear? Oops.

It's a fast paced movie with the story unvealing its secrets continiously as it climaxes with the final battle between the Fantastic 4 and Dr Doom. Dr Doom is played by Julian McMahon (acts in Nip/Tuck, a bloody fab late night TV show), who was also outstanding in his performance as the evil Von Doom. I felt a great sense of satisfaction after the movie was over. It contained all the elements of a great comic-movie. I give it 4/5!

After that Zhenhui and I walked to HMV and we had a lot of fun chatting and catching up. I was torn between buying Edison Chen, Lin You Wei and Rain's CD. It felt so horrible because I just felt that I had to buy something! Anyway, we went to Cineleisure and I bought a CD from Sembawang Music. And it wasn't any of the above mentioned! We had our lunch at Long John Silvers and I'd really like to complain about the portion of chicken that I received, but I'm sure it wouldn't have made a bloody difference. When I first ate LJS in secondary school, the size of chicken was 2.5 times the size it is now.

We waited quite awhile for the rain to stop while walking around Cine. There isn't much to see there really. We've already set a date to meet (with Shuming as well) next Sunday and we'd be going to KLunch! Yay! I can't wait to go sing again. Yes, I'll be singing tomorrow too but still...

To round off this entry about the very fantastic Fantastic 4, here's a pic of Chris Evans and Jessica Alba. WARNING - drool-inducing for both guys and girls.



No comments: