Monday, March 13, 2006

Jurong Pool

This will have to be a quick entry because I'm tired after a day of activity. I need to go celebrate my brother's birthday and I just have to pack to book in to camp tomorrow.

Today I went for a haircut, before meeting Ivan. We made our way down to Jurong Pool and reached there at 145PM. As usual, we were told to reach there early when the pool only opened at 230PM! We sat there like a bunch of idiots... Oops. When it finally opened, we just walked through the freaking gates like some VIP and got changed and ready to enter the pool.



The photo's a bit blur. BOO. I don't believe the greatness of my camera can result in such photos being taken. Anyway, we had a hell of a time enjoying ourselves at that place. I've been there quite a few times already so the novelty factor was at a minimum, but I really enjoyed myself with my platoon mates. I realised that it's crazy that I see people like Terence all the time after I book out (Friday to NYJC, yesterday NVM, today) but I don't get tired of being around them at all. I went for the two top slides which were rather fun and also the wave pool, but I didn't get to experience the waves! We all spent a lot of time at the Lazy River instead. I got assaulted quite badly (okay, call it revenge) by Samuel. He tricked me into giving up my float and then did some unmentionable stuff. So now there're scratches and blue-blacks on my chest. Use your imagination. Well, we did try to "drown" him prior to that, forcing him under the waterfall and splashing water continuously at him! Oh man, that fella is so going to get it from me tomorrow!!!



After the whole thing, our platoon took a photo together. Essentially, Bravo still feels like it has 4 platoons. I just WISH that the original platoon 4 people had taken this photo with us, because they belong to us as this new platoon. Sigh. It'll be quite some time before we'll gel seamlessly together. Hope that day comes soon dammit.

Ooh, my brother's friends flooding my house one by one already... I've got to hurry this shizzle and go sing the b'day song with them!

After that I went off with a 5 of my platoonmates to go celebrate Ivan's birthday at Fish & Co at Jurong Point. I was supposed to be back to celebrate my brother's birthday with my family but they decided to go for the Sakae buffet without me! Outrageous.



And there at the top right corner is Guo Rui, bottom is our birthday boy Ivan, and staring hungrily at his samba fish is Jeffrey!



That's me and Kenneth sharing all that food and YC with his fish and chips!

It was a pretty good meal. I shared the Seafood Platter for 2 with Kenneth and it tasted bloody good. I know I said that I didn't want to eat anymore seafood but hey, if it's good, I'll give it a try. And I put my trust in the right person because he's the one who settled everything, and I just whacked the fries, the prawns, the calamari, the mussels... It was hell expensive but still worth every single cent.

Okay, I'll stop here then. It'll be another week of life in camp. Argh!

No comments: