Saturday, March 11, 2006

This Week in Army

Kicked off Monday with Guard Duty. I went in early to have dinner because I heard that there wasn't going to be dinner for the guards, only to have Samuel tell me that we were supposed to have dinner at the cookhouse! Damn, could've saved some money. Anyway, when we went to the guardhouse, there was this pair of guards who said that they had something on the next day and needed more rest and they filled in Prowler 3. I was next in the line and since the Guard Com motioned for me to fill up the form, I went straight for Prowler 2, which left the last 2 guys the Prowler 1 slot ie one more round of duty than the rest of us.

We sat around, slacked and watched television. I think I fell asleep for a brief moment too. Anyway, after that Samuel and I went on our prowl. A very slow one at that because we were aiming to miss the next parade at 10PM. It was very relaxing because of the speed, or rather the lack of speed, at which we were walking that I maintained much of my dryness. Surprisingly we had a lot to talk about which was fantastic. I haven't got someone to talk so much to about entertainment, since I don't know when! Also talked about other random stuff like family, friends and school, and not forgetting Lost and Desperate Housewives, both of which I had not had the chance to watch. In addition to that he also watched The OC, which was my favourite show when I was in J2. He also shared his appreciation of the soundtrack, which I thought was fab too. On our second prowl after that we talked more about music, with him guessing my favourite artiste (that'll be Spears) in one guess and I took more than 30 minutes to guess one of the acts that he digged although I knew what I was looking for. A UK band, B-grade, etc. Oh yeah, and other random mentions of music acts like Atomic Kitten, All Saints, Girls Aloud, Franz Ferdinand and Eminem.

In between the two prowls we watched The Academy Awards which was generally a bore, saved by our own witty random remarks made about the presentation, but it was still a very good way to pass the time. Our Nasi Lemak (he had 2!) came at 12AM. Bloody hell. Luckily I still had an appetite for it! On the whole I had a rather enjoyable guard duty.

Another thing that happened this week was IPPT. I would like to say that I SUCKED big time at running. My timing is now closer to the 11minute mark, a timing that I haven't seen since 3 years ago! I think my personal goal would be to run under 10 but by my standards now, there's no way that I could reach that. My SBJ was also sucky. It's great to have passed it, but I really really should've gotten silver - I need that hundred bucks! Sigh.

Oh yeah, other than that, my SUV driving caused me a lot of trouble but I don't want to dwell into that. Also Wee Peng decided to not change his duty with me, and thus making me trouble Ivan to do an exchange with me. I'm quite pissed with the fact that he didn't have a valid reason not to help me and caused me all the stress of finding someone to help me out. I have a valid reason - I'm going for the Vertical Marathon tomorrow! So why can't he help me? Repulsed!

E-Tab is coming soon! ORD loh! :P
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: