Saturday, March 04, 2006

Runners' High

It is horrendously late and I have to be up at 6AM to go to camp for duty tomorrow. There's a lot I want to say about what happened in camp this week but I have absolutely no time! Gosh. Went to watch Final Destination 3 with Mak just now and it was really thriling! More on that next time.

Anyways, there was a 5km run at Woodlands Town Garden. I haven't been there since I was in Primary School or something, so it was kind of interesting to revisit that place. I went with some of the platoon guys for lunch at Causeway Point before bringing Sern Hong to my house to lend him a pair of shoes.

We reached there pretty much on time and the event only started an hour later. I seriously do not understand the rationale behind making us arrive so early. I'm repulsed at how they could tell our company to arrive at 330PM and then some people obviously think that they should make the fall in timing even earlier to ensure we are punctual so it was written on our RO that we should be there by 3PM.

We waited a bloody hour for the run to start. Waste. Of. Time.

I enjoyed the run a lot. In fact it has been a long time since I ran and I miss the feeling. I don't know why I don't have the discipline to run myself though. Yesterday there was a mere 2km run around camp and I wasn't very fast or anything, but still my legs ached a lot after that one. Today I think I did alright too.

We had a chance to take photos which may end up on our platoon's notice board. The people who aren't present are Samuel, the hockey people and the 5 guys who went for an overseas trip to Thailand this weekend.


Click here to see a bigger version of the photo.

And our platoon sergent is in there too!

I don't know why but the 4 of us are just enthusiastic in taking photos.



Hopefully our we'll have a successful trip to Malaysia/Thailand/Indonesia in July. There's some conflicts in the decision making but I'm sure we'll be able to work it out!

After the run, I walked all the way back to Causeway Point as a form of cool-down. The feeling was great. Can't describe it. Blah.

Oops, look at the time already. I might not be able to update this blog till Sunday night because I'll be rushing home before going to Pasir Ris for a cycling trip with Sequeena and Si Hua on Sunday itself. I'm really looking forward to the great outdoors!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: