Tuesday, November 14, 2006

First Day

I need a bit of time to learn everything but there's no doubt that I'll get good at it. I give myself 4 days to do so. When the weekend comes, the shop is sure to be flooded with customers. And I want to do my part.

It's nerve-wrecking but cool at the same time. Unlike just any other retail outlet, there's a lot of specific things to learn. And for now I'm overwhelmed. But everyone's been very friendly and helpful. Being the new guy, I feel like the weakest link. And I've never stayed standing for that number of hours before! I saw 2 of my company's ex-sgts (Ernest and Shi Wei) as well as You Zhi. I shudder at the thought of meeting more familiar faces brought on by the weekend shopping crowd. So I really need to buck up and gather as much knowledge and hone my skills in promotion to save me from embarrassing myself!

I read the brochure on my way home from work. Okay, I've been studying it a bit before I went to work, but it wasn't quite enough.

I've always thought that as long as I put my heart into it, there's nothing I can't do.

And here's the chance to prove myself right.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: