Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Movies Galore

I've been having an insane week. Clearing ORD leave is really fun.

Last Thursday, Ryan and I went to Vivocity. The place was huge. Okay, so maybe not everyone would agree that the shopping is comparable to other places, but I'll give it more time since not all the shops are open. The amazing thing about the place has got to be its unique architecture. The fact that the layout contains more curves than straight lines gives the feeling that it's wild and revolutionary. Shopping with Ryan was a lot of fun. We did get lost due to unfamiliarity and walked past so places about 5 times! Ooh, and the freaking arcade doesn't have DDR. I want to lodge a complain! We watched The Prestige there, and that movie deserves an entry of its own. I'll write about it when I get the chance.

On Sunday, I went to stayover at Jie Yu's house. We bought steak and he cooked it! It tasted quite good. I think I now know that I'll have mine medium rare, so it isn't that tough. After that we spent a couple hours going through his clothes (a hundred pieces at least) to sieve out what he still wanted and what he didn't. It was almost like going through stuff at a fashion boutique. He passed me a bunch of shirts (and I'll do the same when he comes over) so that we'd both have a greater variety of things to wear. Ingenious. The next morning we went swimming at Serangoon Gardens, and talked about our times in JC.

Tuesday, which was yesterday, was spent with Wee Lee. We talked a lot about jobs and stuff, before having lunch at The Banquet at Causeway Point. We wanted to watch The Departed but it has finished its run already, and he chose DOA instead. I know that the movie's been given a lot of flak, but I loved it. Seriously. Okay, my credibility has just taken a dip. It's true that it's lacking in storyline, but the great fight scenes, flow and pacing of the movie made up for it. And Holly Valance... *orgasms* She deserves an entry on her own too.

Today... where do I begin. I'm going to watch The Exiled with Mak later, but earlier this morning, we had an endurance run followed by a route march! My muscles are currently in excruciating pain. We met at 9PM at the void deck of my house and ran all the way to Sembawang Park, which took us 50 minutes. That was crazy. I was out of steam 2/3 of the way and did a slow jog. It was amazing to have reached the place on foot. But what really killed the both of us was walking back. We stopped at this country club and went in on the pretence of using the loo when all we wanted was the icecold refreshment from the water cooler! The terrain was a tad unforgiving and we tried to take a shortcut but it wasn't short! We had a "fast march" for more than an hour before making it to my place to have a bit of water. I must admit that giving up did cross my mind but we had no money whatsoever on us, so there was no other way back!

Damn, I've got to meet him in 10 for lunch!

*zooms*
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: