Thursday, November 09, 2006

Jobless No More

So I went to take my pink IC on Monday. Bumped into Sgt Wei Jian. Didn't meet up with the rest of the guys who ORD on the same day as me because they managed to collect theirs much earlier in the day. Before I left the camp, I ran into Max who told me about interesting MSN conversations. Then, when I wasn't looking, this car sneaked up on me. I know, how could a freaking huge car sneak up on me right? But I was probably too engrossed in the conversation to notice that it came so close that I could touch it if I held my hand out! It was my PS, and wound then the window and demanded for his ORD present - roast chicken or roast duck. Not that he was ORD-ing too, you know what I mean; it's for his contribution to his ORD-ing platoon - us. Apparently another platoon gave their PS some souveneir.



Maybe I'll blow this image up to 8R and give it to him to remember us by! This was taken at our unit anniversary celebrations last Friday. Hahaha... He's the guy on the right side of the top row. Anyway, I can't describe the feeling of collecting the pink IC. It's like losing something and finally finding back after 1yr and 10 months!

The day after I went around reporting to various job agencies and reporting for one interview, which didn't go down too well. I don't think they wanted me in the first place. After a generally tiring day, I got a call at night that gave me a confirmation - I would be employed starting from Monday, at Wisma Atria! The pay's decent and I'm quite excited about it. Afterall, it's going to be the first real job that I have. Throughout the day I was anxious about not getting a job, and the feeling of getting one was like lifting a huge load off my shoulders.

I spent yesterday stoning at home. It's a horrible feeling. To be in between jobs (if you could consider being an NSF a job) makes me feel that there's something lacking in life!

Thankfully, I spent this morning rather productively by visiting the swimming pool with Sidney. I got a chance to tan and swim before the sky became crowded with clouds. The weather is terribly unpredictable! He treated me to a can drink before I went to get myself chicken noodles for lunch at home! I'll be meeting Si Hua and Sequeena later! How exciting! Considering we haven't met in 2 months or so, we're just dying to see each other. Haha...

On other Britney news (I think I'm overdoing it already), she appeared this week in NYC for the David Letterman show, and seems very happy about the divorce. And she's back in shape. It's not good enough for touring, but certainly good enough to pose for magazines and her new album cover!



Ooh, and here's a clip of how Rosie O'Donnell celebrated the good news. *throws confetti*
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: