Friday, November 03, 2006

JKYH Top 20 (70)



01. My Love - Justin Timberlake ft T.I. (4) 8 ****

02. Wei Wu Du Zun - Jolin Tsai (3) 7
03. I Still Believe - Vivian Hsu & Cao Ge (+3) 4
04. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol (-1) 8
05. Something Kinda Ooh - Girls Aloud (2) 7
06. Lose Control - Kevin Federline (+2) 7
07. Lips Of An Angel - Hinder (+4) 3
08. Nothing In This World - Paris Hilton (-4) 6
09. Rock Steady - All Saints (+4) 5
10. Lonely - Shannon Noll (+2) 3
11. Fergalicious - Fergie (+8) 2
12. Be In Tokyo - Teriyaki Boyz (-5) 7
13. So Excited - Janet (-4) 7 *
14. Headlock - Imogen Heap (NEW)
15. Hurt - Christina Aguilera (2) 5
16. Keep Your Hands Off My Girl - Good Charlotte (NEW)
17. I Belong To Me - Jessica Simpson (+1) 2
18. Irreplaceable - Beyonce (NEW)
19. Take Me As I Am - Mary J Blige (+1) 2
20. Smack That - Akon ft Eminem (NEW)

I could not hide my feelings of triumph when I heard that My Love went to #1 on Billboard. The article for the chart screamed "Timerlake Scores Second Straight Hot 100 No. 1", a feat last achieved by Usher in 2004. The last 4 week champion on my chart was, coincidentally, Sexyback. Its run from JKYH Top 20 (57) was 1-1-2-3-2-1-1. The non-consecutive 4-week reign was broken by Orson's No Tomorrow and Fergie's London Bridge. I'll not be surprised if he scores another #1 if the right follow-up single from the album is chosen. FutureSex/LoveSounds is like a goldmine! It is rumoured to be What Goes Around (Comes Around) and the fake single cover has been doing its rounds on the net!



At #10 this week is Shannon Noll with Lonely. It peaked at #8 and is currently #13 on the Australian Singles Chart. If you're not familiar with him, you're forgiven. But if you choose to ignore his presence, you're not! He was a contestant on Season 1 of Australian Idol, and his previous single, Now I Run, also charted on the Top 20. You can check out his MySpace. With his soaring vocals and tender lyrics, it's a song that's definitely worth your time. "I look at the phone and pick it up, for the millionth time I put it down again. I know I let you go, and I got no right to know - Do you ever get lonely baby?"

At #11 this week, taking a jump up 8 is Fergie's Fergalicious. She's not the hottest female on earth despite that great body, but she sure knows how to keep music fun. More on her next week, but I'd just like to say I've proudly mastered the "rap" lines "T toda A toda S-T-E-Y Girl you tastey, D toda E toda L-I-C-I-O-U-S" in perfect rhythm with Will.I.Am.



After screaming her head off in Ring the Alarm, Beyonce settles for a more soothing sound that is just as catchy with Irreplaceable, this week's #18. Billboard says, "Beyoncé finally settles down enough to make a sensible record." while launch.co.uk exclaims that, "Beyonce herself has never sounded better, and this understated (a word not usually uttered in her presence) guitar-led ballad deserves to be Number One for the whole of November." I was awestruck the moment I heard it. It's one of those songs that get you on the first listen. From the minute she sings "To the left, to the left", you're hooked. The ambiguity of the lyrics leave you wanting to know more, and the melody's infectious.

The last song I'd like to draw your attention to is Akon featuring Eminem at #20 with Smack That. It's another rap ditty that goes on about getting some action in the club. I know that not many people out there are fans of rap, but this track's special to me because of the guest rapper Eminem. He's sort of retired from music, and even though he'll be working behind the scenes, I miss his presence as an artist. Just hearing his cheeky rap in this one will remind you of why Eminem was so huge when he was around.

New songs this week include Madonna - Push, Omarion - Icebox, Stephanie McIntosh - Tightrope, TV Rock - Bimbo Nation, Fredde Le Grand - Put Your Hands Up For Detroit, Simon Webbe - Come Around Again, Alesha - Knockdown, Jamiroquai - Runaway and Gnarls Barkley - Smiley Faces.

Till next week!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: