Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sunshine In My Life

I'd like to thank Chris for popping by and visiting me at work yesterday! As he could probably tell, I was elated! The feeling of seeing an old friend's really quite amazing. And I'm happy how I'm not forgotten even though I've pretty much left the world of army far behind. Had a short chat with him because there weren't too many people, but during his presence I had 2 customers to serve so he left without even saying bye! Gosh. We'll probably meet up and have a meal during one of my breaks though, so all's cool.

Today I was actually supposed to be out in the morning. The sun actually looked pretty good. Well, while I was using the computer, I had the windows opened so the sunrays literally floated into the room.



It looks pretty and tempts me to go out, but usually I'm overwhelmed with a wave of early-morning laziness that just refuses to go away. I hate how I'm not motivated to go out in the morning. I prefer staring at the computer screen and doing stuff that's less physically-taxing, although there's no doubt that I'd enjoy it just as much. Sidney went to the gym (instead of our proposed running/swimming) and the skies became overcast with clouds, enough for Mel (whom I was chatting to online) to suggest that if I ever were omnipotent, I should get a eraser to rid the sky of all those clouds!

We had a chat about life and stuff, and managed to throw up some very interesting ideas for discussion. More on that next time though!

After that I went to take a nap. When I woke up, I watched the 4th episode of the OC and the sky cleared again.



Spurred on by the weather and a bit of newfound determination from seeing Ryan run on the California beach in his Nike Tee, I went out for a short jog myself. It lasted about 20 minutes and by the end of it all, I could hardly catch my breath. I'm repulsed at my current physical condition. I'm not even 10% of what I once was! I think I've got to start running again. Aching legs from work aren't going to stop me any more.

At night I went for a quick dinner with Ryan at Bishan. We window-shopped at Junction 8. Met Jeevaraj there as well! It was cool to stop for a quick chat and find out what's going on. We stopped by the library to borrow a couple of books before making our seperate ways home. I'm meeting Sid tomorrow for a swim. Hopefully I won't be late and the sun will be out in its full glory!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: