Saturday, November 18, 2006

JKYH Top 20 (72)



01. Irreplaceable - Beyonce (+11) 3*

02. Wei Wu Du Zun - Jolin Tsai (5) 9
03. Keep Your Hands Off My Girl - Good Charlotte (+7) 3
04. Something Kinda Ooh - Girls Aloud (-3) 9 *
05. Fergalicious - Fergie (+3) 4
06. Lips Of An Angel - Hinder (-2) 5
07. Rock Steady - All Saints (-1) 7
08. Lonely - Shannon Noll (-1) 5
09. Headlock - Imogen Heap (2) 3
10. My Love - Justin Timberlake ft T.I. (-5) 10 ****
11. I Belong To Me - Jessica Simpson (+3) 4
12. I Still Believe - Vivian Hsu & Cao Ge (-9) 6
13. Promise - Ciara (+5) 2
14. Smack That - Akon ft Eminem (+1) 3
15. Lost - Roger Sanchez ft Lisa Pure (+5) 2
16. Other Side of the World - KT Tunstall (+3) 2
17. A Town Called Hypocrisy - Lostprophets (NEW)
18. Money Maker - Ludacris ft Pharrell (NEW)
19. Lovelight - Robbie Williams (NEW)
20. I Don't Need A Man/Wait A Minute - Pussycat Dolls (NEW)

I know you're more interested in what Fergie said that caused a stir in the music scene than what I was doing at Geylang at 2AM today, so let's get this shit started.

"In the closet, that's my stuff. Yes if I bought it, then please don't touch!" At #1 is Beyonce with Irreplaceable. It seems that she's really busy recently. After appearing on TRL last week, she made her way down to the UK. London specifically, for the World Music Awards. It was there that she performed Deja Vu (it was single of the year or something. I cannot confirm.). However, I'm not here to throw such a passe track into the limelight again. Irreplaceable was performed live on Strictly Come Dancing. Due to the unique nature of the performance, and that every time she does the song, there are slight differences, here's the link to it. The song's doing very well in most territories, most notably in the USA where it's at #4, earning the title of Greatest Gainer and Airplay Gainer; in the UK it's at #5 after peaking at #4; in Australia it's a new entry at #9. And I'm sure you can see the shock leap of 11 notches to claim the #1 on this chart!



At #5 is you-can-see-me-you-can-squeeze-me Fergie with Fergalicious. Well, there's not doubt that the song is fun, but when you see her perform live, it looks like any talentless bitch could do it because she just says the lyrics. She's errr, physically hawt and all, but yeah, it doesn't look very impressive. However, Fergie has taken time out to give a good smack to people like me by saying, "I may not have the type of voice you like, but I can sing. You can't take that away from me, 'cause singing is a gift from God, and when people say I can't sing, it's kind of like insulting God." Ooh, I'm sorry Fergie. I know you can sing and all, it's just that your singles aren't really showcasing your potential. A ballad for the 4th single perhaps?

At #7 are the All Saints, who are doing pretty well with their comeback single. However, midweeks suggest that their album may not even make it to the Top 40. They should've waited for another single to impact, really.



Time to dish the dirt on Justin Timberlake, who is at #10 this week with My Love. The track holds steady at #1 on Billboard for a third week. Strangely, the biggest news about the guy is his recent collaboration with Nelly (not the ugly rapper) and Timbaland, which is rumoured to be Timbaland's first single off his album. I have my doubts considering he only appears for a few seconds, while Nelly and Timberlake sing on most of it. Here's Justin's verse,

Could you speak up and stop the mumbling
I don't think you came in clear.
Sitting on the top it's hard to hear you from way up here.
I saw you tryin to act cute on tv "Just let me clear the air."
We missed you on the charts last week....
Damn that's right, you wasn't there.
If sexy never left, then why's everybody on my shi it it?
Don't hate on me just because you didn't come up with it.
So if you see us in the club go on and walk the other way
Cuz our run will never be over; not at least until we say

The first line is said to mock Janet on her track "So Excited" which does contain a certain amount of mumbling. The 3rd line is probably connected to their chart positions on Billboard (as with the very impactful, "We missed you on the charts last week, Damn that's right, you wasn't there."). The one that's most direct and obvious would be the 4th line, where she said, "Just let me clear the air" at the beginning of the Oprah interview, most of which you can witness here. Then there's also Prince, who was asked a few weeks ago what he thought about Timberlake's hit song saying he's bringing Sexyback. Prince replied "Sexy never left.".

At #19 is a new entry by Robbie Williams. I said last week that the guy's single's really addictive. However, it sort of reminds me of some of the tracks of Justin's album! Coincidence or not, I think Robbie is trying his best to revolutionise music, or at the very least not reuse old formulas for the sake of getting hits. His first single Rudebox is sufficient proof. He has had 2 huge Christmas hits (if I'm not wrong Angels and Somethin' Stupid with Nicole Kidman), so I am wondering what odds the punters will give for him to get to the top on the very distinguished X'Mas #1.



New tracks that I have to give a shoutout to this week are Westlife - The Rose (UK #1), Fredde Le Grand - Put Your Hands Up For Detroit, Bodyrox ft Luciana - Yeah Yeah, Simon Webbe - Coming Around Again, Taio Cruz - I Just Wanna Know (!), James Morrison - Wonderful World, Nelly Furtado - Say It Right, Meat Loaf & Marion Raven - It's All Coming Back To Me, Oasis - Stop The Clocks, Orson - Already Over, Snow Patrol - Set The Fire To The Third Bar, Five for Fighting - World, U2 - Window In The Skies. Hot releases to keep you on your toes this week!

And MJ sucked on the World Music Awards.

Ooh, I couldn't help it. Although we've had enough Jackson bashing this week.

Till next week!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: