Sunday, March 11, 2007

So Superficial

Whoever thought of installments must be a freaking genius because he certainly know how to get people to part with large sums of money in the least painful way.

I got myself a T-10 yesterday. Not at the bleeding IT Fair I'll have you know! It's the best deal that I've ever seen. On top of that, we were lacking customers in the morning. The staff to customer ratio was overwhelming. And my colleagues didn't have anyone else to psycho, and so they did their salestalk on me! Being one of them, I was of course not that easily persuaded, but logic won out. A GPS system? A photo-printer? Another 10 bucks for a 1GB Memory Stick? The price of the camera fell by a hundred bucks and they've bundled it together with so many freebies to make the offer irresistible. Throw in the fact that they were willing to use their credit cards to pay for me in installments and I was sold. I got the black one.

Which of course means I'm in debt of 509.

I don't think I can ever trust myself with money.

In other news, I've been so bored with whatever I've been up to (working, mainly) that I dyed my hair with the help of my sister last night. I was out till late, so we did it from 1 to 2 AM. The pungent smell of ammonia filled the house, but it's so worth it. Okay, it was also for vanity reasons - now I don't see any white hair any more! There isn't any drastic change, just a slight tinge of brown if you look carefully enough. I love it!

I realise that the older I get, the more superficial I become. Despite being taught the right values and believing in them when I was younger, I'm caught up in the race of looking good and the importance of mere skin-deep beauty. It's the quickest way to judge and be judged, which is probably why I'm so obsessed about it.

Or I'd be wearing spectacles, going to the Malay barber and wearing my 1-year-old Nikes.

Ooh, dammit.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

weetzdom tooth said...

Look good to feel good. Nothing wrong with that ah! hahhaa

If we dun pamper or take care of ourselves, who will? You must because you have to tell yourself... as one brand said it... "I'm worth it" hahaha