Wednesday, March 21, 2007

New Day

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I rub my eyes before opening them to a brand new day
I hesitate, before typing what I want to say
As much as I want everday to be a blast
And live like each one was my last
I am trapped in my schedule
The relentless routine.

When every page of the story seems to look the same
I wonder if my life deserves to be this plain
Drowing in the pursuit of materialistic wants
When all I wanna do is dance
I am trapped by society's views
Having to work by its rules

I wish I could tell myself that every day I wake up to is magical
And that every moment alive and breathing is one to be cherished
But there's no escape from the monotony of all our busy lives
And that some moments are just passing time
As I struggle to hold on to good moments that come to me
And the special ones that I help to create for myself
The unpredictable things that happen and try to bring me down
Sometimes get the better of me, like now

I try to make sense of all the little disappointments
Learn from them, and brush them off
Don't expect to much, surprises will come your way
I wish that you'll have your share of it today
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

weetzdom tooth said...

you need a break, take leave!

and, nice pic .