Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Swensons

"Teaming up with the distinguished Carl Zeiss lens, every details is reproduced with astonishing clarity."

Anyone who has laid eyes on that line and approved it should be sent back to Primary School.

I've got 15 minutes to finish this blog entry before I go for my run and meet Jie Yu for lunch, and then to work, so let's get it started.

On Monday Isetan was having Dinner and Dance at Sentosa and so the shop closed at 1730. We left the place at 6 and the full-timers had to attend something at Paragon and so we went to Ah Mei for a huge cup of coffee/tea each. We sat there for about half an hour while discussing how much we had to work to earn the money for a cup of tea (10 minutes of standing for a dollar's worth of tea), which was kind of frustrating. Money's kind of bothering me nowadays!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We went around shopped around Paragon before going out to take some photos! As you can tell we were really bored. Wee Hong brought his semi-professional camera, the Sony V1. I like the fact that the camera gives really good field of depth. We cam-whored a lot, but Wee Hong's not in the photos because he prefers taking them!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

At 1930 we went in to Swensons to secure 14 seats while the rest of them were still at Paragon doing their stuff. We talked a lot of rubbish and I must've drank about 3 cups of water while waiting. I had to visit the toilet of the Crown Prince Hotel too! Not that I've never stayed over there though! I got quite tired of talking because that's what we've been doing the whole day during work, so after awhile I became quite stoned.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

By 2000, we went from this, to that. I think I've never cam-whored more in my life, but I couldn't help it - I was bored. Everyone else was too! Luckily Cassandra came down and she told us a lot of stories about her office life since leaving the gallery and there's a hilarious video of her talking about the consequences of the guys coming down so late for dinner. It's kind of amazing how she can rattle on while forming her thoughts at that very moment.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Another hour passed.

Eventually we were starved and ordered some calamari rings and fries, which tasted damn good. Haha... They finally arrived and we took a group photo...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

... before chomping down the food that was served. I think we left at about 2230 and coincidentally, I met my parents on the train, and we went home together.

Yesterday I went out with Sequeena and Si Hua, my closest Secondary School friends. We never fail to have fun when we're with each other. It's just that now the three of us are working, it's become really difficult for us to fit each other into our schedules. One's a nurse, the other sells liquor at Changi Airport and is something like a supervisor at Rocky Master.

I have a 6-day work week. Enough said.

Si Hua and I went to the airport to look for Sequeena and she looked astonishingly different. It was the first time that we've seen her since her 10+ kg weight loss. It makes me feel that I need more determination to work on my body. Gosh.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We went for a meal at this Jap/Korean restaurant before taking a bus down to Suntec where we shopped for awhile. We walked through Marina and rented a couple of umbrellas from Hang Ten which didn't come in to use as the rain stopped the moment we stepped out of the building. We took a long walk to Lau Pa Sat and had dinner for 3 hours. When you haven't met in 3 months, you've got a lot to catch up on. We talked about our love lives (for me, the lack of one), our jobs, and money.

I think I've become a little bit obsessed with the topic. The only other thing I ever think about as much is how to get back the bod I had in army.

We left the place at 11 or so, feeling really tired from an entire day of activities. The time passed incredibly fast though, which always happens when I'm with them.

After half day of work and another day of off, it's time to get back to work again!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

weetzdom tooth said...

you wrote all these in 15 mins! that's fast! :)