Saturday, May 07, 2005

Mariah Carey - We Belong Together



It's official. She's made a successful comeback! Ladies and Gentlemen, scream for Mariah Carey! Her Billboard chartrun as of now for her second single off The Emancipation of Mimi called We Belong Together is 81-61-30-12-*7*! A very impressive one at that! Everyone who knows me knows that I don't like ballads and anything slow just puts me off immediately, unless it's a gem. And this one is! Fantastic vocals, mood, meaning... everything's in there! And here is what Mariah has to say about this track:

"We Belong Together" is my second single from The Emancipation of Mimi. It's probably one of my top three favorite songs on the record. It was a situation where I went back down to Atlanta to work with Jermaine after we had already written two songs for the album. I didn't think we could top the songs that we wrote because I really liked them a lot, but then I got there and we started just going back and forth with concepts and ideas and we came up with "We Belong Together". I feel like the end result was just a really heartfelt ballad that I think people can really relate to. Even though it's a very specific story, I think that everybody can probably apply it to their own lives. Posted by Hello

No comments: