Monday, May 02, 2005

The O.C.


Oh yeah, The O.C rocks!

It's a pity I can't catch the current season on Channel 5 because it's on a Thursday. I'm considering buying the first season which is selling at HMV Heeran. It's $134 though! My 'obsession' with The O.C has something to do with the show putting together things I'd like to see in a TV show: glamour, family/friend relationships, beautiful scenery of Orange County and good music. I bought the book of The O.C on impulse and it was a rather good read.

Maybe I appreciated it better because I watched the entire first season before. It really came in handy when I was in the sick bay last week for having a sore eye.

The O.C deals with a lot of issues and also constantly explores Image vs Reality (damn this sounds like Macbeth). As stated in it's website intro: About an Orange County community where shifting loyalties and identities lurk behind a picture-perfect facade. The ideas discussed in the show are complex, yet every-day things. Living life for the moment, escapism from pain and being successful while balancing on the thin line of good and bad. Also, as a norm for all drama that come out from the US, there's plenty of sex, booze and rock 'n' roll.

The characters are deep, the storyline's complicated, the cast is skilled and gorgeous. What more could you ask for? Posted by Hello

No comments: