Sunday, January 14, 2007

Terz B'Day

I have no idea why the photos have a weird tinge to them that I can't edit. And then there's me with a alcohol-induced lobster-red face that just looks unnatural. But the birthday boy did some drinking as well, which was why he looked like this when we were about to sing him his birthday song!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now that's an amazing cake! He took turns to take photos with the various groups of people who turned up - secondary school friends, JC classmates, relatives, colleagues, and us army guys.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The cake was fantastic and we ate a lot of watermelon in our lame attempts to dilute the alcohol in our system. Does it even work that way? Anyway, being the incorrigible alcoholics that we were, we found some other excuse to sneak back upstairs where the vodka was kept.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We did try to keep ourselves sober with a few more group photos.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

But temptation won in the end and we started going a little crazy. Anyway, the photos are pretty much self-explanatory. That's GF and me drinking. Chris, holding on to mp3 player that he owns (and I use) till I pay him 200 bucks, and Theodore stuffing me with a marshmallow!

The cool thing about hanging out with army buddies is that you know they won't judge you because they've seen you go through every shit. Literally. They've seen your worst (likely to be the sight of me naked in the shower), and also probably your best. And you tend to enjoy spending time with them because it's a given since you've tried entertaining each other during the most monotonous of times. I don't know if I put it across well enough, but it's amazing mucking around again and being crappy. Despite the meanest jokes, there's a sense of genuine brotherhood with them, something I really appreciate and cherish.

Ooh, and I didn't write anything too exciting on Terence's guest book! I think I'll have to make up for it by wishing him properly on Thursday!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: