Friday, January 19, 2007

Yong Hong's B'Day

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I headed down to a bungalow in Pasir Ris to celebrate Yong Hong's birthday on Monday. It came as a pleasant surprise that the 5 of us managed to squeeze into a cab and the driver was actually very agreeable with it! Bing Xiang, Hong Sheng, Yu Ting, Vanessa and I spent $3.50 altogether, as opposed to calling another cab, which would've costed us double! I was late as I came immediately from work by train!

We presented YH our 'initial' present - 5 bottles of Vitamilk, which was the official drink for our 2003 OCIP Thailand trip. I was quite stoned because I was tired and felt a little out of place. Anyway, after the candle-blowing and song-singing, we drank the Vitamilk, which is what you see in the pic up there. It's a significant drink for us, because it represented great times, adventurous spirits and brilliant friendships. I'm quite shocked that 4 years have passed since then, and that time made us grow apart, for what we have is a mere shadow of what we had. But all of us treasure that period of time where all we had was each other, in a foreign place, and working towards an unselfish goal.

That's why we're willing to meet up and make it all work again.

Thinking of it makes me nostalgic, and really sad. But I guess that's just how it is.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No matter how badly I want it back.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: