Monday, September 24, 2007

Alone Not Lonely

I'm in Hall and there's virtually no one I know who's back yet. I had breakfast at the canteen about half an hour ago. What's normally a half an hour affair full of laughter and chatter was shortened to a speedy 5-minute thing. Now I'm back in my room with BBMak's Back Here playing in the background. I've got to admit that old songs do sound better. I'll take that back when I hear Ayo Technology though. It reminds me of my favourite quote to describe pop music - "...cheap, sticky thrill of pop, the joy of music that doesn't have to mean anything tomorrow but means everything while it's playing RIGHT NOW".

It has only stopped raining. I like waking up in the middle of my sleep to appreciate the fact that it's cool outside, I'm snuggled in my blanket, and I can wake up any time I damn well like. It was kind of hard to get myself going for breakfast. I had to bring that snuggly feeling with me to the canteen, so I wore the IVP jacket.

I like the amount of personal space I have as compared to being at home. Back home, my table is unable to accomodate my mess any longer. I put my lappy on the dining table. I get distracted by the TV that's directly in front of the dining area. It's turned on almost all the time. My bedroom's in another area of the house. It's very different as compared to Hall, where I have everything of mine in one cosy spot. I don't mind that it's smaller than a 5 room flat and that there's no TV (dammit... all the MTV that I'm missing!).

I miss the company since all my friends aren't back yet, but it's a change that's as refreshing as new underwear. I acknowledged the difference by doing things a little differently today, like having coffee instead of tea. The two aren't interchangeable, and I realised why I prefer tea (despite having it 5 days a week for as many weeks as school has started) as compared to drain water.

Recess week has just begun but I'm looking forward to the next holiday already.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: