Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mid-Autumn

01

First, a quick shoutout to one of the coolest people I've ever known in my life. Happy 21st Birthday Samuel! He's the guy I probably had the most enjoyable guard duty with, and also all the extra shizzle we had to go through with our extra driver duties... life would've been very different without him, so I really appreciate it. The gang went out last Thursday for Swensons at Prince Hotel. We sort of screwed up a little bit when Guo Fei and I both approached the staff on seperate occassions so we ended up having a small free ice-cream thing with a candle and a big cake, which I thought tasted really good! Haha...

Anyway, it's not that I cannot be bothered to write more in my entries, just that all the school work is catching up with me, and I'm so busy doing these things that I don't have time to blog about it! Haha... Last Saturday, I celebrated Mid-Autumn with my family. We had a BBQ at our usual spot.

01

Cosy atmosphere and everything. I think we've had it there for about 5 years or something! Unlike previous years, we didn't take the lanterns for a walk though. I think we've either grown up too much or can't be bothered!

01

We did an activity together though! We tried to persuade our grandparents to come down and join us, but I guess they just didn't felt up for it. We did a bit of whining ( well actually a lot ), joking, tried crying etc. but it didn't quite work! Nonetheless we had fun attempting, with all 11 of us trouping up to their place and causing a racket!

Tuesday night I came back from hall and there was a real racket outside of my door as JingYing, Shaun, Ivan, Kai Rong, Daniel and Kristle, armed with firecrackers and lanterns dropped by for a visit. We had a lot of fun being childish, burning up lanterns, causing a racket (the security guard asked us to split up!) and smoking my room with the firecrackers.

01

Oh yeah they did attempt to burn my underwear hanging at the laundry line.

01

My two favourite girls in Hall 12.

01

Okay fine so this is a crap photo because I left it at the only place that I could and the flash didn't manage to reach us, but I like it anyway! It was a short 15 minute affair but we had a lot of fun. After that Kristle, JY, Dan and I went for supper at the roti prata place.

01

And yes, the view was fantastic. My shaky hands kind of ruined the photo a little bit though!

01

Me and the new roomie... in two weeks? Haha... Anyway, we managed to get really really lost (partially because that path down from SAO was closed dammit).

01

Along the way though, we managed to entertain ourselves with the firecrackers. The wind was rather strong that night and we had a bit of trouble lighting the thing, but Daniel managed to do it (okay I'm lousy) after a couple more tries.

01

I managed a J!

01

She was trying to do a K but yeah, it's probably the nicest out of the lot!

And so we only got there one exhausting hour later. I liked the prata though, and was contemplating going for seconds. After that we took a cab back which was much more worth it! It was 4AM already!

I think I really need to familiarise myself with the route for supper!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: