Saturday, September 08, 2007

Post-Pageant Week

This is my first week without having to worry about pageant and I must say it feels kind of different, in a good way! It's great to have the pressure of performing and being on stage behind me, despite liking the feeling a lot! On Monday Wei Fang and I made our way to Ikea to meet Kelvin and Daniel, who were there about an hour before us! We had their iconic meatballs for dinner... fantastic stuff.

I think photos of Ikea meatballs have been done to death though, so I'll have none of that!

01

We went shopping for some all important stuff that'll add some life to our hall rooms. There were some very practical objects going for below 5 dollars and we grabbed quite a lot of things. I got a red dustbin and a doormat, while the rest of them bought bowls and soft toys and clothes stands.

01

We took a cab back to hall, but I alighted at JP to join the DnD people. I managed to reach in time for dessert - ice-cream was fantastic.

When I went back I went to Kelvin's room to collect all my Ikea stuff and he had a display of his soft toys...

01

I don't know what's the purpose but they were really cute to look at. That green bowl was also bought from Ikea! I've managed to remember all their names already - Sealion, Doggy Dog, Piggy and Mr On! It did take awhile though... I always get scolded for not getting their names right.

01

And I went to Daniel's room to take a photo with his newly-acquired dragon Full Moon. I don't know how he comes up with the names but they stick. Haha... Xuans and Daniel also had photos with Full Moon, so maybe you can bug them for theirs too!

I think I'm crazy.

Anyway, after the Publications subcomm meeting on Tuesday, I'm now the group manager of Writeups & Newsletters. Okay, so I volunteered, but that doesn't mean that other people don't think I'm good enough for the job! I'll prove myself! Haha... anyway, so if you guys feel that there should be a writeup on anything in hall at all, feel free to give me some ideas, after all it's the audience that matters most! It'll be great if people could contribute some writeups as well, but I'll have to iron out the details with the boss before it can actually happen.

Hmmm, ooh, and a lot of people crashed my room on Wednesday, which is quite rare considering that my room is usually quite quiet!

01

And after we talked for awhile, Daniel, Kristle and I had a cup noodle party in my room (again), and Jing Ying came down for a chat after her Roti Prata.

Hmmm, other random things that happened this week - I ran two rounds around NTU for the first time with my old man last night! Haha... I'm tired as hell but I enjoyed it a lot. The good part was that there was milo and instant noodles with crab sticks and hotdogs after that! Shiok!

Oh and in case you don't know yet (which is kind of hard considering I was one of the last to know when Jing Ying told me yesterday), there are a couple thousand of Hall 12's FOC photos at http://hall12photos.multiply.com/. Check it out if you have the time! (Ignore ugly/unglam photos of me.)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: