Sunday, September 02, 2007

It's Finally Over

I'll be honest, when there are 3 prizes to be won and 5 people who're up for it, the probability is 60% so there's this tiny bit of me hoping that I would've gotten something, but I didn't. It was okay because all my favourite people won something and I cheered madly for them, including my partner who was Ms Popular.

I have a lot to say about the experience, but I'm so tired I think I'll leave it to another time. I've a lot of thanks to give though because I couldn't have done it without them.

I'd like to thank the DnD committee. I was surprised I was chosen, but glad. I heard that it was partially due to my character, which is even better! I'm grateful for the chance to do things I really enjoy, like dancing. To be on stage and seen for something that I've always longed to do is amazing. It's like a dream turned to reality. I also appreciate all the compliments and support that they gave, and I've really learned a lot.

I want to thank my partner for really pulling me up, for being game and open to my suggestions and for being so tireless in our endeavour for perfection of our moves and walks. I still feel that it's wrong of me to expose you to the dancing of Jolin and the overtly sexual moves of Britney, but hey, you won Hall Queen so all that helped to some extent! It's most satisfying to know that you're still a comedian at heart, most unafraid to make fun of yourself despite your insecurities. Working with you was a really memorable experience.

To all the pageant contestants - you guys rock. I wish I had more chance to talk to all of you, because I'm a heart-to-heart talk kinda guy at heart, being entertaining and telling jokes is not my forte. I'm proud to be associated with all of you, and even more happy that we're such a group of fun-loving people who can entertain ourselves at any given opportunity. I've heard of people at other pageants being nasty to each other but we all joined to have fun and that we've never taken that part of the pageant seriously. Ooh, and I demand that I should get a prize of my accurate prediction of Hall King and Queen as stated in the programme. Either that or create one for best dance. Hahaha!

Tintin, you guys rock my socks. I wouldn't even dare to be on stage if you guys hadn't come! The cheers when I came to the front of the stage to do my solo poses made me real speechless and overwhelmed when I walked off stage. I appreciate the words and encouragement you guys have given me at every stage of the pageant, and that you guys are waiting so impatiently for me to join you all again - I'm sure you can tell how impatient I was to join you guys by the way I jumped off stage to be with you guys as soon as I could! I also want to add that all of you looked really cool in the costumes - good effort. I wish I was in a costume with you guys too! Haha...

To my Lao Ba, thanks for making your way down even though you had some important business to attend. I know it's not just to see me, but I'd like to thank you for your time watching and helping me and Jing Ying practise, and offerings of food and drinks and a listening ear through this entire duration of the pageant. I know you're actually disgusted with my Q & A, when I mentioned that one of the last things I'd do before I die would be to fly to USA and ask Britney why she married Kevin Federline, but that's just me!

All the seniors who showed me any form of support. There're just too many to name and I appreciate every single kind word, every single handshake and every single photo taken with me. Off the top of my head I can think of Siting, Shujing, Charlene and Wenxing! It really means a lot that you guys take the initiative to come talk to nervous, poor me and make me feel more of a pageant contestant!

To Kelvin who's always silently there and looking out for me even when I don't know it! Haha... and for driving me back safely and soundly after the entire event even though I live so far out of the way!

Yu Lian, thanks for the SMS encouragements and being so on. You looked gorgeous today. Wei Fang, for believing in me, and yeah, I trust you - pretty girls don't lie.

Daniel, for organising suppers, having breakfast with me when we're both dead tired and basically making me feel like I still had life outside pageant. Thanks for listening to my crap and always keeping your door open for me whenever I need it. You're too cool and you know it. I don't think I have to say any more.

Lastly to people whom I don't know but supported me all the same. If you think that my dancing was good, thank you. If you didn't shake your head when I forgot the steps to the entire last part of my dance, thank you. If you had a blank in memory as you try to recall the parts when I looked awkward on stage, thank you. Basically if you had fun while I was trying to entertain, I'm grateful already.

It's finally over. I know I won't have a tagged attached to me after this. I'll not be Hall King, Mr Popular or Mr Personality. But I don't mind being just Jason. Cos for me, he's good enough.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: