Friday, September 28, 2007

The Red Party

Ahh, where do I begin. I'm having a birthday party tomorrow, but instead of anticipation, the mood is one of worry. I worry that too few people would turn up. I worry that people will get lost. I worry that people might not enjoy themselves. It wasn't something that I've always wanted at the beginning.

On a side note, I had an extravagant fantasy of having it at Cafe del Mar, or somewhere along the beaches of Sentosa.

Anyway, I'm happy that my parents are willing to organise this for me. Personally I don't know what's the fuss with being 21 (other than R21 movies) but I suppose it's a good opportunity to just hang out with all the people who matter to me under one roof.

I didn't exactly call everyone I knew because I was worried that they wouldn't fit in, or would feel obliged to come just because I asked. I'm scared! I don't often take the initiative to ask people out to begin with and now I'm actually supposed to ask people to come and celebrate ME? It's just too much. So please understand my err... nervousness!

If you're reading this and know me personally, what the hell, come down! I didn't manage to contact a lot of people from hall especially, so yes if you're reading this I'm inviting you! It's really my fault for all the last-minuteness and my incompetence. I apologise sincerely. All significant other-halves of my good friends are also welcomed.

Ahh... kind of sad that there are a few people I know who'd turn up but are overseas for now. You know who you are - David, Shuming, Angeline and Chris! If I were loaded with cash I'd book flights and get you guys over! Haha...

Weifang - recover from chicken pox soon yah!

The theme of the party is Red. I don't think that requires an explanation. It's most important that when you turn up tomorrow, you enjoy yourselves. Seeing all of you happy will make me happy. What I can promise you are two bottles of Baileys with lots of ice, decks of poker cards, decent music, good food, and my warm welcome. What I would require you to bring is a desire to have fun and a good sense of humour.

Presents are optional.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: