Saturday, September 15, 2007

Now Watch Us

It is true that in addition to writing for myself, I write for an audience. If you don't, you're not right mentality of thinking from your reader's point of view and thus not only will you not capture the attention of people who come to your blog, I see it as utter disrespect.

So I know you want to see your face on my blog!

01

Hahaha... Samuel, Guo Fei, YC and I met up on Thursday night at Holland V. I think it's the first time that I've set foot in that area. We went for a bit of food at the hawker centre (the fruit juice costs $3. Seriously.) before heading to Coffee Bean for drinks! Sam noted that we had rather weird social habits - instead of fighting to foot the bill, we fought to get one person to pay for Coffee Bean. And somehow after compiling a list of relevant points to support our argument, we got YC, who came back from his 6+ months Eurotrip to treat us! Well, Sam and I shared a cup of Iced Mocha although we probably should've gotten one each but vanity got the best of us.

We talked about a lot of crap, about school, about work, about girls. YC had a little bit more to share on his trip around Europe. In fact he even brought along a map for effective presentation! Haha... It's really a dream to go to Europe but it wasn't all smooth-riding for him. He lived on expired bread for first few days before he found a job. The expenses for putting a roof over his head and travelling really put a strain on his wallet. However it got better after that - he got himself a good job, a sponsored trip to Spain to learn Spanish for a month (we asked for "Let's make love." in Spanish!). We also learned that our "V" for victory sign (the one you make with your index and middle finger) is a rude hand gesture, which he found out when a customer jokingly responded by giving him the middle finger.

After even more crap about my pageant, about Sam's dodgeball, and Guo Fei's highly intelligent cold jokes which I sorely missed, we all hopped into his car and he sent the other guys back home before we went to his hall to take a look at his pageant photos and Hall 11's version of DnD. I felt that their stage was smaller and was thus a more intimate setting. The one big difference was that they didn't have to get shirtless for the beachwear segment (while Hall 8, I've just realised, got to wore NUM singlets and took them off during the segment). The girls all looked rather similar due to their hairstyles and makeup on that night. Judging from the photos alone, I think F4 is the prettiest.

Shallow shallow shallow.

I need to go hunt down professional photos of my DnD!

01

Yes I'm deprived. Kenneth returned from his jamming session and I chatted a bit with him as well. He's the guy who spammed my tagboard! Haha...

I slept a mere 2-3 hours that night as I returned to hall and had a long heart-to-heart talk. The next day I was barely conscious as I went for breakfast with Daniel and Joyce! After that I went for tuition and returned home to stone for awhile . I wanted to sleep very badly but I don't know why I became preoccupied with surfing the net! Out of the blue Zhenhui called me for lunch and I agreed immediately. We took his car to Ikea at Tampines where we had Poached Salmon and Chicken (can't remember the name of the dish!). It's impossible to step into Ikea and not get anything. The bad thing is I sort of lost self-control and bought an item that costs twice of my expenses on my previous trip to Ikea!

01

At night Si Hua and I went down to East Coast to celebrate Nana's birthday! It was a surprise birthday thing that her boyfriend organised and it included her family and a couple of close friends. I enjoyed the food tremendously as well as the cool embrace of the sea breeze that relaxed me a lot. For the first time in a long time I wasn't rushing to anywhere, doing anything, or deep in thought. It was also cool to talk to her chatty 6 year old nephew who went on about the things that a 6 year old revolves around - school, toys, games and TV. Haha... innocence is priceless.

I hope she enjoyed herslef because we certainly did! Si Hua's boyfriend came and the three of us took a cab back home.

This has been a freaking long entry.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I realised there wasn't an elaborate entry about the DnD happenings. yet. haha.