Thursday, September 22, 2005

3 Brand New Tracks



Adrenaline's pumping through my veins; I'm breathless; Sweat's drippin' all over my face!

3 new songs have been unleashed by Britney! They sound absolutely fabulous and they really make my day. I was so impressively irritated by the puny things that happen in camp and listening to this - AH! I was shocked back to a world where music, well, ROCKS!

1. Mona Lisa, which she sneakily premiered on a US radio station some time ago. It's a crazy midtempo track which she wanted to use as the first single to promote an upcoming album The Original Doll. She was still doing The Onyx Hotel tour when she recorded it with her band. It sounds a tad less nasty than the original, but still, a lovely track. Nicknaming herself Mona Lisa and slamming all those who were cloned from her original image, this is one track that means a lot to her. There's a lot of hidden meanings about her image, her life, and tonnes of other stuff. Deep.

2. Over To You Now is what I call a club classic. I think I'll bang my head to it till my head drops off. Thundering basslines and fantastic mid-easternish string influences, whispery vocals, suggestive lyrics make me go crazy in my mind... It's been trashed by some fans as a cheap Danii Minogue or Lisa Scott Lee influenced shit. You won't have any idea who they are if you aren't into Brit Pop, but that's besides the point. The point is.... I love this song! It's hot! Disco! Dancefloor madness... Eurotrashydancepop at its freaking best. Beat that!

3. Chaotic, is of course the song off her TV series Chaotic, but this time, it comes with a proper bridge and ending. It's addictive, crazy, insane... I can't get the right words to describe it. It gets me on an ecstatic high with its unpredictability. Diving suddenly to an almost spoken, soft bridge in the midst of all the rush of the song, and the cutesy ending of lalalala just blows my mind. And it pisses over all the pop songs released this year. Imagine, this is a track recorded 2-3 years ago, for In The Zone. Can ANYONE understand the greatness of it all?



I can't upload them and share, but I can lead you in the right direction. I think a couple of websites have had them up but the record label has asked to take them down. Don't worry record label guys, I will be getting the DVD when it is released, so I'll treat this as a preview!here

Forget if she'll ever release videos of these tracks. Forget that she's a big celebrity. Forget that she's just given birth. Hell, forget that she poses skimpily on magazines. It's back to the roots; what she was famous for at the very beginning.

Music.

These tracks are fucking amazing. Pure and simple.

No comments: