Monday, September 12, 2005

My Curiousity's Killing Me (And I Must Confess I Still Believe)

I had a chat with Joel just now. Joel Bay from Whiskey Platoon 4. An old BMT mate of mine. It was only towards the end of BMT that I actually became close with him, and I got a chance to know him better. Recently we've been bumping to each other a lot. As fate would have it, after going through SISPEC, he's now an engineer (not unlike me) and we're both in Seletar camp. Bumped into him when I was doing IPPT one day and also yesterday after the 21 km run.

Had a little chat with him on MSN just now and he told me some pretty disturbing stuff. Okay, it was just something I find curious. I don't know how to explain it! Here it goes...

Book out day!!! says:
u know shaun
Book out day!!! says:
yr old friend
Book out day!!! says:
ya la
Book out day!!! says:
ocs kid right

{JS4U} - Get Nasty - wh-s.blogspot.com says:
wait... u toking about WHO>?
Book out day!!! says:
erm'
Book out day!!! says:
the super smart shaun
Book out day!!! says:
he knows u
Book out day!!! says:
he is in ocs
Book out day!!! says:
he knew u outside of army la


I was kind of stunned after that. I cannot, for the hell of me recall that I actually know someone called Shaun. As I pursued the matter, I got to know more about this guy who supposedly knows me. Arhm.


  1. He's going to Harvard. (If he was, I think this is a unique information which would have stuck to my brains!)
  2. His name is Shaun Loh. (Sounds even more familiar. Irritatingly!)
  3. He knows that I was from Whiskey in BMT and asked Joel if he knew me.
  4. He knows my full name. (To which Joel exclaimed: He knows yr full name too n u dun know him!!!!!!!!!)
  5. He is from HCJC. (My brain works overtime. I would most probably have known him from RVHS. But still I don't remember knowing someone named Shaun...)
  6. He knows I'm a Khor(JOel: how many khors do u know eh?)
  7. He plays squash. (Ooh... Shuping was from RVHS, and squash and went to HCJC. Maybe she knows him!)
  8. He said he and I hit on quite well last time. (Which makes me feel worse than ever that I have no freaking idea who he is.)
  9. He did social work before and probably knew me through that. (That means he might not have been an RVian!)
  10. He knows specifically I'm from Whiskey Platoon 4 (Joel says I must've told him, but that's pretty impossible that I don't even have a vague memory telling it to this guy I don't know!)

I'm so confused now that my head is spinning. Whatever it is, I need to find out who's this Shaun guy. Of course, maybe it's some misunderstanding and that Joel remembered wrongly and I don't know this Shaun fellow, but I trust my erm, 24 km buddy. Haha... he said he won't bluff me! Argh! The suspense is killing me; the mystery is killing me. If there's nights off or something I'll stay in camp or find some way to visit Joel so he can show me a photograph of him or something. He asked me to sleep/wank on it.

Hmmm, good advice man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Austin American-Statesman Embraces Citizen Journalism
THE COX-OWNED AUSTIN AMERICAN-STATESMAN TODAY plans to launch a free community blogging service on its group of sites, www.statesman.com and the entertainment-centric www.austin360.com. Jim Debth, the ...
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a book on christian dating site/. It pretty much covers book on christian dating related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)