Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Black Eyed Peas - My Humps



When I say Get Nasty, this is exactly what I mean. Throw in a bit of saucy, dirty lyrics combined with Fergie's naughty, taunting voice and of course the fantastic production and the rest of the guys heat up this track that's sure to be an airplay winner. You'd probably be hearing it in the clubs too!

My Humps, the single which I much prefer over Don't Lie(which I still do like), is a world away from its predecessor, Don't Phunk With My Heart. Don't Phunk was one of those songs which were something characteristic of BEP that they could've wrote it without thinking and it would've became big anyway. My Humps on the other hand, is an alternative term to comment on... well, here's the lyrics.

My humps, My humps, My humps
My lovely lady lumps
In the back and in the front


Now, it wouldn't take a genius to find out what she's singing about. I must admit just 20 seconds of the song that was played when they were advertising the album Monkey Business was enough to get my attention. Essentially another sex song, as Bryan would put it, it's all about clubbing, money, and plenty of boobs and ass. Playful drumbeats and panting (look at Britney 's contribution from IAS4U to the music world these days) makes the song an impressive grind-fest that isn't too heavy yet still nasty!



Chart-wise, BEP are doing fantastically on BB100, with Don't Lie at #14, My Humps humping up 9 to #16 and Don't Phunk With My Heart at #32. On the world chart provided by http://www.unitedworldchart.de/, Don't Lie is at #2 and Don't Punk at #14.

You can check out the lyrics to the wonderfully flirtatious My Humps here and Don't Lie.

The BEP are rockin' ya'll!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just blog surfing when I stumbled on your site. One word, GREAT! I have a small one.
It's a with add adhd site/blog. Not necessarily your area of interest. It pretty much covers with add adhd related stuff.

Come check it out when you have time.