Sunday, September 11, 2005

Celebratin' Nana's BDay



DAMN. This is the second time I'm typing this, because the thing got deleted because I somehow got logged out accidently. Anyway, moving on.

Yesterday Si Hua and I celebrated Nana's birthday! I tried to trick her by telling her that Si Hua had some family matters to attend to and that I forgot to bring the backpack that I promised her. She's going to Thailand tomorrow if I'm not wrong. Yep. But being the old friend that she was she saw through my trick immediately and we took the escalator to see Si Hua with the backpack at Orchard MRT Station.

We went to have chicken rice at Far East, which was what Sequeena wanted. As usual, we had a good chat and the food was good too.



And this photo was taken courtesy of the birthday girl herself. It might not look that appetising because the colour is kind of funny. Anyway, after that we went to take a walk around Far East and took a lot of photos. The place was still rather empty at noon and there wasn't much to see. We passed by an instant-photo-developing place and decided to play with the machine. Si Hua and I had our fair share of experience playing with it and so Nana had her virgin chance at trying her hand out in photo editting.

We asked someone to take a photo of the three of us and went to that particular machine to edit it. The photo turned out rather cutesy, with a fantastic border and a bit of editting and wordings added in. We printed out one for each of us, and they were saying it costed only $1.50, which was more worth it than the neoprint that we took last week which costed 10 bucks for such a small piece of print!

We then went over to the opposite building, which had a duty free shop.



The place was really beautifully decorated and sells unique stuff. We were wondering whether we were allowed to buy the stuff since after all the duty free goods are supposed to be for tourists! Si Hua told me that I looked like I was from the Amazing Race because I was carrying the humungous backpack around. There were expensive chocolates and even shirts from the Singapore Zoological Gardens.

We then went to the building beside. I have no idea what it's called but it houses Chinablack. We went to take a look at all the shops there like Fox, and I was really tempted to buy some of the stuff since I just got my pay yesterday! However, by some miracle and incredible sense of self control, I managed to not buy anything. Anyway, we had fun taking capturing our youth by taking plenty of photographs. There was one pretty hilarious one with Si Hua and Nana showing their most qian bian faces in front of That CD Shop (I think that's what it's called). Also we came across a bench.



And we took my favourite photo of yesterday there. Whenever there's a bench, it just inspires us to put the camera on timer and just try to take photos of the three of us, without having to ask someone to do it for us. Yep! Cool stuff.

Si Hua and I decided that we should hold the cake ceremony for Nana. We went to Wheelock Place (which didn't allow phototaking) and wanted to celebrate at the Coffee Bean there, but the place was deemed unsuitable. We then went to the Coffee Bean at Taka, but it was totally packed and so was the coffee place at Kinokuniya. We decided to take our celebration to the coffee place at the library above, but it didn't sell a single slice of cake. Gosh. It gave us a tremendous headache and in the end, luckily enough, we found a place in the Coffee Club at Wisma! We bought a slice of something and Mocha Freeze while Nana took a little nap...



And that Tiramisu really tasted just fab. Of course, we sang her a birthday song, to which she was embarrassed and touched by. After finishing the cake, we gave her our present of a notebook. I was shopping around before meeting the both of them and was inspired by the little notebook because during my trips to Thailand and Myanmar, they came in helpful in noting down small interesting things. Anyway, there were forewords by me and Si Hua, writing in our birthday wishes for her. It was done hurriedly on the trainride to Orchard and my handwriting was nasty! Oh well, it's the thought that counts. She was engrossed reading it...



... and was very touched to receive it as a present. Altogether now: Awwww! Haha, we did enjoy writing stuff for her as well. It's a simple yet memorable and useful present... Ain't we genuises? I can't believe it myself either.

Awnyway, I had to rush back to camp as I had to book in to sleep early for AHM. In the end we had to leave early and everything. It was fun and meaningful although it was a rather short one.

Cheers to the next birthday celebration!

No comments: