Saturday, September 24, 2005

High

Yesterday was probably my best going-out with my platoon mates ever. We'd all roar in laughter every other second that it was insane.

Anyway, I was supposed to stay at home, but seeing that this time they've all decided to come over to Woodlands, I couldn't not go along. I mean, my house is literally a stone's throw away from Causeway Point and the convenience is something I just had to take advantage of. I walked to CWP, unaware that they had already reached there. I took the bus which came earlier, and had the time to go home, change my shirt and wear contacts.

I saw Terence, Chia Keat and Yunshen together at BK and so went in to join them. Daniel went to withdraw money (at the same time left his hp in his bag and thus didn't reply when I SMSed him. BOO.) and Sern Hong went home to get some CDs for CK. We were starving like mad and decided to buy our food first. Turns out that SH had his dinner at home. So we sat there and had a great chat from like 6 to 730. It was insane. We had our usual inside jokes that made me unable to stop laughing.



After that we went to have a walk around CWP. Daniel, Terence and I went to play pool while CK, SH and YS went to play arcade. At this point in time I would like to tell a heartwrenching story.

There's a LAN place outside the pool place. When I went home, I didn't see my younger brother at home playing the computer. Now that is a strange occurence because he's only allowed to play on Fridays. So what could possibly make him give up his precious gaming time for something else? Since I happened to pop by this LAN place, I might as well check if he's in there playing.

It's a dark place. But instinct told me that he'd be wearing his loserish mud-brown Billabong cap (which I bet nobody will say is nicer than my Do Somethin' cap), because he wears that cap even when he plays at home. To my surprise, shock and stunned-ness, I saw him. Or at least I thought I did. I couldn't believe my eyes. I went through a row of chairs to have a closer look at the face.

And incredibly enough, it was him.

I've already prepared my lines. Arhm

YING ZHENG!

He looked up.

WHAT THE FUCK!?

And I stomped off. I just cannot explain the hatred and disappointment I felt when I saw him there. I'd bet my life that he lied to my mother and said that he was studying outside. It pains me to see that at his age, he cannot think for himself. He has already failed his 'O' Level Chinese, and he's going to take the rest of the Os in 2 freaking months. He did disgustingly lousy in the rest of his subjects as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in ITE.

No wait, I take that back.

I'd be surprised if he even makes it into ITE. My eyes were wet when I left the bloody place. Okay, so I didn't cry a river, but I didn't even thought that I would care that much. Like I've always said, if he ends up not being able to get a job eventually, he's welcome to be a maid and clean my mansion in the future. Whether I'm encouraging or downright nasty, it doesn't even seem to get into his head that maybe he should try harder to PASS all his subjects for the 'O' Levels.

Thinking back now, I should've shouted WTF in a much higher volume. I mean, I wish I could've said it again. If I had the chance, I'd say it again so loudly that the people in the cinemas would run out to see what was going on.

Don't ask me why I condemn gaming. See the light yet?

Well, that was a small blemish in the wonderful evening. Playing pool with Daniel and Terence was bloody bloody fun. The three of us had a lot of fun playing. Particularly since Daniel was doing the trashing when I played with him, it was kinda different to see someone else getting trashed too. Haha, okay, so it wasn't that bad really. Ooh, and I had a close match with Terence for the two games that we played. It was really cool... I mean, the three of us have pool-playing-dynamics! Great stuff.

Because our dear champion Terence got confined, he had to book in by 2130 and so he and I rushed off after our last game to catch 168. His watch was set a tad fast, so we ended up racing from the top floor down all the escalators to the bus interchange, where we continued running. It became kind of like Amazing Race! Haha... He almost went in the wrong direction; and to think he didn't need a guide! Haha, people rarely make their presence felt in Woodlands so rarely do I get to feel like I know a place better than others, so I just had to take the chance to play guide! Hmm, sometimes I feel that Terence is quite like Mak in some ways; they both bring out the havoc-ish side of me.

Anyway, after the bus came, I walked back to CWP only to see YC making his way towards the bus interchange! I told him that Terence had just left and I think he tried to catch the bus that he was on.

I went back and met the guys at the arcade. We shopped around a bit more, looking at the Winnie the Pooh cup at More Than Words. Daniel found it cute. So the joke went that we should just buy them all and throw them away so that he wouldn't be able to get any. He was hinting us to get it for him for his birthday! *gasp* Also, we went to Guardian to try out these pin-hole spectacles which was supposed to improve one's eyesight. I didn't get to try because I couldn't take out my contacts, but CK and YS said there was some difference and they could see a bit better with those spectacles. Of course, this deal and promotion was brought to our attention by none other than SH. It was certainly a laugh of course, as we told him that he could probably use some material, poke some holes into it and paste it on his specs and it'd probably have the same effect! After that we all went to drink Bubble Tea.

Well, I was feeling absolutely high after going out with those guys. Happy. Amused. Relaxed. Can't believe that it was so cool to go out despite being stuck with each other for 5 days a week since March!

No comments: