Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Public Holiday Yay!

I look pretty under-the-weather today, but despite all of that, I took tonnes of pictures. That's just wrong. So forgive me if you look at them and puke. You're welcome to have the opinion that I look this bad all that time. Arhm.



I woke up to have an early morning swim with Wee Lee. He wanted to hear the new Jay Chou album, and so I brought it along with me. Also, he bought a Zen Neon. Not bad at all. I think I was in the sun a bit much and I'm a little burnt. Bah. We chatted about more army stuff and then swam a little bit.

Rushed back home to take a shower before meeting David at Bishan MRT station at 1140. We knew Ming Boon was going to be late, but we didn't know how late. We each had whipped potato from 7-11 and then went to J8 to take a walk around, looking at the usual stuff, clothes and all. We went to Sembawang Music and didn't manage to find the CD he wanted, which was Do As Infinity's Do The A-Side (I keep on thinking A-List because of the a1 album...). Walked around some more and saw this place which had hermit crabs for sale. They were pretty interesting creatures except that they cost a bomb, like $25.

Basically you've got to put a few shells for them and they'd choose one which they find suitable to settle down in. They're easy to take care of and they move around a lot, so you won't have to poke them to get them to do something. They also undergo moulting which is bad because it's a period of time where they just go and hide. Hmmm, however I'm not very into taking care of pets because I know how human neglect is just unfair to little animals, whether big or small.

We both also saw a projector that was so freaking good that it created an image that was exactly the same as a flat screen TV. Also went to see some accessories for ipod. How I wish I could get the same thing for my Zen Micro (a strap to take it running), but that'd be expensive as well.

Ming Boon called us an hour after me and David got together and we gave her a time restriction and that she had to reach by 1PM. She said she would be there by 110PM. She arrived at 130PM.

*applause*

Sigh. Well, this time I can understand a little bit because she got her Jay CD last night last minute. Anyway, she had a bit of punishment when we had our meal at Pastamania so that made up for it.





She helped us order and foot the bill first and even brought our drinks to us. Such a nice polite young lady. Well, maybe with just a slight punctuality problem. Oops. Did I say slight?



David and I pondered over our choice of murder weapons and ended up using something longer and harder instead. Jay's poster. Ooh, I can hear gasps from fans all around. Don't worry, no Jays nor posters were harmed during the erm...





Well, I hope we all get to meet up soon, but that must've cleared her perpetual lateness. I sure hope so. Because it was hell fun. Of course, Ming Boon and I would like to congratulate Jay and ourselves for the fact that his 6th album has been released. Arhm. Did I mention that I saw people queing in Sembawang Music just to exchange their preorder slips for the CD. And that almost everyone with common sense has got that album! Don't dillydally people... buy it now.



I hate my expression in the photo, but whatthehell. Have we gotten the message across yet? If you ain't into Jay, you're in the wrong place!

After that, I was about to rush off for badminton with my platoon guys. And Ming Boon managed a feat that I couldn't pull off with so many other people, and she managed it. She managed to self take 3 people in one photo! Amazing! Round of applause please!



Okay, after that we got Mich to help us take another one. It was slanted and so the height difference of the three of us became more obvious. Quite a hilarious photograph because David requested for the air-conditioner to be in the photo.



I took it (the freaking air-con) out because the proportions weren't right!

I rushed off to Khatib MRT station and met Daniel C there. After that Guo Fei arrived followed by Terence and then Daniel G. When we went there Shawn was already there and so was Sern Hong. Also Ivan came as well as my buddy and his friend.

It was fantastic fun. I got to play doubles alongside Daniel G, Guo Fei, my buddy and Terence. It gave me a chance to be with people in the platoon that I don't usually mix with. I know it's mostly my fault. I don't know why in camp I'm such a piece of dao shit. But I shall change from today onwards (or at least try) and talk to people. Arh... I don't know how to begin describing how fun it was playing badminton! Yayness. Everyone was fab. (And no one said I was sucky at badminton even though I wasn't up there with the rest of them. Distinctly average. Or worse.)



Badminton rocked! We'll have to do this again!

No comments: